After hours of online surfing & chats with our Travel Agent, we settled on the InterContinental Moorea mostly for the kid-friendly appeal online. Unfortunately, once you're there - you find out that there isn't really a Kids-Club - that's for School Groups - and, other than playing with the Dolphins - it's just another Resort. But, that was okay - we had a PHENOMENAL time! We had stayed on Moorea before & knew we most certainly wanted to go back with our daughter. What our Travel Agent didn't know is that this property is the furthest from the Ferry Terminal of all the Resorts...or close to it. So, after traveling all day from home the day before - the last thing our 5 yr old wanted to do was sit in a van on a windy road for 45 mins. The food selection was adequate - although, service is beyond slow at all restaurants. We're not slow eaters - when we sit down - we want fed. That was rough. Breakfast buffet used the day priors left-overs, so freshness wasn't always there. Dinner show was Traditional & fun. Our room was beautiful - although our over-water bungalow at what is now The Hilton was much more picturesque then here. And, their staff was much more inviting, as well! For $750/night - I think we'd stay elsewhere next time. LOVED snorkeling the lagoon & just BEING in Tahiti! What a magical place to be able to tell our daughter she snorkeled for the very 1st time! Concierge staff was very hit or miss. Certain ones knew a lot - others were useless & left me to figure out Transfers on my own. So glad we did the day-use at the sister Property on Papeete! Very nice option for the late night flights home!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Moorea Resort & Spa is nestled between mountains and a lagoon on a stunning French Polynesian island. Right on the resort grounds is Moorea s widest range of activities, which includes the Moorea Dolphin Center, Bathys Diving Club, tennis, kayaking, canoeing, skiing and Jeep tours. The Arahurahu Marae temple is also worth a visit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Venere so you can book your InterContinental Resort & Spa Moorea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Resort & Spa Moorea Hotel Moorea
- Intercontinental Resort And Spa Moorea
- Intercontinental Hotel Moorea
- InterContinental Resort & Spa Moorea French Polynesia