My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights in February 2013 as a start to our honeymoon. We were very impressed. The lobby is very open and inviting, and the staff friendly in welcoming us to the hotel. We arrived a bit early (before check-in at 2pm) around 11am, but they were still able to accommodate us right away. We were offered to sit down and relax, and a tray with a cool towel and fresh tropical juice drink were served to us. It was a nice way to begin our stay, and relaxed us while we waited for paperwork to be taken care of.
We were taken to our Lanai Room by golf cart and luggage brought into our room. We were welcomed with a fresh cut pineapple, bottled water and a small bottle of chilled champagne for our honeymoon. The room was great, spacious and clean, with slippers and robes provided that I lived in throughout our stay! The king size bed had the softest sheets and was quite comfortable, and in room 276 we had a nice view of the pool and bar area and the beach, and a nice deck to enjoy it all from. We had nightly views of beautiful sunsets and took many walks around the large property both during the day and at night to see the sea turtles, dolphins and fish. We also rented kayaks to get a view of the property from afar in the water, and that was fantastic. Snorkels were available as well, all free of charge.
In our 3 nights there we had daily breakfast included at Fare Nui and it was perfect. So many fresh fruits, juices, pastries (the custard one was my favorite, along with chocolate croissants), fresh made omelets, espresso/coffee and other American delights. We did not have a lunch/dinner plan but ended up having 1 lunch and 2 dinners there as well (at Fare Hana, as Fare Nui was not open for lunch/dinner, perhaps because of the off season? But, they still offered their dishes in the other restaurant). The food was outstanding, from baby octopus to Japanese pizza to tuna tartare. The servers did not say much but were pleasant and attentive. We had the concierge arrange a free shuttle to Les Tipaniers where we had a romantic dinner one night away from the hotel, and the tagliatelle with vanilla sauce and shrimp and scallops was phenomenal.
Unfortunately there isn't much near this hotel, so we rented bikes from the concierge for 2 of the days and ended up biking about half of the island (fairly flat except for by Cooks Bay). Unfortunately the chain on my bike got stuck in the gears about 1.5 miles from the hotel the 1st day and so I had to walk while my husband rode ahead to tell the staff. They sent someone out to fix it for me and gave me a free day the next day. The Albert grocery across the way supplied us with cheap bottled water and snacks (they have pearls as well) and a couple miles down there was a small shopping center for souvenirs and such.
All in all we would most definitely come back and stay here again, perhaps in the beach or overwater bungalows this time (the bungalows with private plunge pools seemed too loud with the sounds of the pool water lapping over the edge), but the Lanai room was a great start to our trip. The infinity pools are so relaxing and the views mesmerizing. We were told the Helene Spa was a waste of money so we did not use this facility. The exercise room was ample but we never used it. There were tennis courts on site as well. If you like a quiet, relaxing atmosphere, this is the place for you. Rent a bike or book an excursion (we used Moorea Explorer, and heard Albert Tours was great too) if you want to get out and explore.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The InterContinental Moorea Resort & Spa is nestled between mountains and a lagoon on a stunning French Polynesian island. Right on the resort grounds is Moorea's widest range of activities, which includes the Moorea Dolphin Center, Bathys Diving Club, tennis, kayaking, canoeing, skiing and Jeep tours. The Arahurahu Marae temple is also worth a visit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your InterContinental Resort & Spa Moorea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Resort And Spa Moorea
- Intercontinental Resort & Spa Moorea Hotel Moorea
- Intercontinental Hotel Moorea
- InterContinental Resort & Spa Moorea French Polynesia