My husband and I stayed at this hotel in Jan 2013 on our honeymoon, we spent 3 nights Moorea/ 3 nights Huahine/ 3 nights Bora Bora.
On arrival at the hotel, we were greeted promptly with a welcome drink and a cool towelette for freshening up. Check in was quick and we were taken to our bungalow with our luggage in a little golf cart. We had a personalized note in our room congratulating us on our marriage and thanking us for choosing to spend our honeymoon at their hotel. We also had a chilled mini bottle of French champagne and fresh flowers in our room.
We stayed in a beach bungalow. We had a large sitting/ living room with a desk, couch and television. The bedroom was large, with a closet. Bathroom had double sinks, bathtub, shower and separate toilet. The living room had large sliding doors that opened up to the deck outside. Half the deck is covered, with a small table and chairs for sitting. The uncovered area has two lounge chairs for relaxing. The deck has about 5 stairs down to the sandy beach. The water is less than ten feet away from the deck.
This may be a pro or con according to individual preference, but our bungalow was not open beach. About 20ft out into the water, a wire fence blocked off an area to the Dolphin Center. This meant we did not have a view out to sea, but we did have a view of the Dolphin Center, and daily we could see the dolphins doing tricks and jumps, which we quite enjoyed.
Breakfast was included, It was excellent, a very large variety of items. One issue here though is that the breakfast area is open air, and there were always birds around. The birds got into the baskets of bread constantly and even onto your plate if you were not attentive. They constantly had to be shooed away. I wonder how safe it is to consume bread from the basket that birds have been in. We avoided the bread in these baskets. The food selection at the restaurants was very small for lunch and dinner - a bit difficult for vegetarians or if you dont consume beef and pork.
Overall, service at the hotel was excellent. Staff at the front desk, concierge services and restaurants were always friendly and timely. We had rain a couple days, and the concierge lent us Monopoly and cards since we were indoors.
Two cons that come to mind - shower in the bathroom has no enclosure, its open and water runs out into the rest of the bathroom floor as it doesnt drain quickly. The other is that the walkways around the hotel are a bit dark at night. If better lit, guests would be more comfortable walking to their rooms at night.
Overall, we had an excellent stay, and I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Moorea.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Moorea Resort & Spa is nestled between mountains and a lagoon on a stunning French Polynesian island. Right on the resort grounds is Moorea s widest range of activities, which includes the Moorea Dolphin Center, Bathys Diving Club, tennis, kayaking, canoeing, skiing and Jeep tours. The Arahurahu Marae temple is also worth a visit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your InterContinental Resort & Spa Moorea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Resort And Spa Moorea
- Intercontinental Resort & Spa Moorea Hotel Moorea
- Intercontinental Hotel Moorea
- InterContinental Resort & Spa Moorea French Polynesia