Amazing scenery. Couldn't take enough photos as everywhere you looked was stunning! Stayed in an over water bungalow which I highly recommend, you have a deck and the stairs just lead straight into the ocean. Great snorkelling as well! The food was amazing, but happy we got an all inclusive meal package, as was very expensive!! There was a convenient shop at the top of the hill opposite the hotel, where we purchased water and beer as was quite expensive at the hotel.
We were met at the airport by Albert's transportation company, who were great, and gave us a brochure of tours to do around the island. They were a bit cheaper than the ones run by the hotel. You can book them via phone or they also have a little set up next to the convenient shop on top of the hill. Though they are closed between 12 and 1pm.
Had trouble using the Internet, but finally got it on the last day, they don't have much service there, but went out of their way to help me.
The hotel has happy hour from 4/430 for an hour and have two for one cocktails, so we did that every afternoon as well!
The hotel has a dolphin centre, which we couldn't afford to swim with, but had clear views from our bungalow, and you can walk over and look at them from a bridge as well. They also have a turtle rescue canter which was my favourite.. make sure you say hi to "tortilla"the oldest turtle there who has a buoyancy problem and cant sink.
The Bungalow we stayed in was very clean and spacious. We also got complimentary honeymoon gifts, which consisted of a t shirt, sarong, soap, pineapple, champagne and something else (cant quite remember).
All up the trip was amazing, the island was amazing, hotel was amazing. Would defiantly stay there again!!
Also highly recommend the two tours we did.
We did jetskiiing for 2 hours (wear sunscreen and keep applying every stop)!! they take you around the whole island and stop for ray and shark feeding (was a bit scary at first but an enjoyable experience (once back on the jet ski haha). There were also dolphins near our jestskiis at first as well.
We also did ATV riding which took you around the inside of the island, and you got to see views from belvedere mountain as well as from the lookout which was just amazing!
All up had the most amazing time there. Would defiantly go back and stay there again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The InterContinental Moorea Resort & Spa is nestled between mountains and a lagoon on a stunning French Polynesian island. Right on the resort grounds is Moorea's widest range of activities, which includes the Moorea Dolphin Center, Bathys Diving Club, tennis, kayaking, canoeing, skiing and Jeep tours. The Arahurahu Marae temple is also worth a visit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with EasyToBook, Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your InterContinental Resort & Spa Moorea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Resort And Spa Moorea
- Intercontinental Resort & Spa Moorea Hotel Moorea
- Intercontinental Hotel Moorea
- InterContinental Resort & Spa Moorea French Polynesia