Ok, so it was my dream to stay in one the Hilton's over the water bungalow.... We finally get there and......... what a huge disappointment. We woke up at six am with the noise of the carts going over the wooden planks that make up the little bridges connecting the over the water bungalows. A few minutes later we wake up again with the service people talking and laughing loudly (you know, there are windows in the room made up of wooden shutters and without any glass at all, so yes all the outside noise just flows into the room.
Another issue was privacy: you have this beautiful room facing the ocean and there are boats going by, swimmers going by and the locals going by in their little canoes and outriggers trying their best to get a good peak inside your room. And yes, the boats start early in the morning. When the cruise ships come into the bay, you can also hear their horns....
Another issue: awful service! We called for toilet paper and forty minutes and three phone calls later we still had none..... They take their own sweet time for anything that you ask for and don't you dare say a thing about the food they will frown at you and take it personally.
The water is beautiful,but for what we paid we expected a lot more in many aspects. The room is quite small and very close to the other rooms.
Oh yeah, if your husband is a tall guy HE WILL HATE THE BED! my husband is six feet and his feet were literally hanging off the bed! They only have full size beds.
Anyway i could go on... instead i will just suggest staying at one of the many other hotels in the island that are much more reasonably priced and still have the beautiful water....
Feel free to contact me with specific questions, we have been to moorea seven times :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled between two bays on the heart-shaped island of Moorea, is the very definition of a romantic South Seas escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort And Spa
- Hilton Moorea Lagoon Hotel Papetoai
- Sheraton Moorea
- Moorea Sheraton
- Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa French Polynesia