I felt compelled to write a short review after our stay since I read so many prior to and hope that this is helpful to others as it is my 1st. For the most part everyone is spot on in the description of the hotel. It is a beautiful place and a great place to take a vacation. All of the staff that we encountered were very friendly and helpful in any of our inquires. We also stayed for 4 nights in Bora Bora and thought the service and overall experience was much nicer here than the Intercontinental that we stayed at there. If we had to choose between the 2 islands Moorea would be on top for sure. The water here is perfect!!! We enjoyed hours daily snorkeling and just enjoying the time in the water near and around the OWB. The decor inside the bungalow was also 1st class. My wife loved the bathroom and constantly told me how we needed to remodel and put in a rainshower head like what was here. I presume I am not the only person that will hear this after a stay.
It also goes without saying that things are expensive, not just in the hotel but in general. If you can forget about the $6 water or $18 mixed drink and just enjoy the time it will be much better. Remember you probably are on a trip of a lifetime so enjoy it and don't dwell on the cost but more of the great time there. I know I would gladly pay that price again today if I was having a drink from the overwater Crepe bar. Speaking of it appears that Claude the chef there really enjoys cooking for the patrons and the crepes he prepared were splendid.
I recommend taking a tour around the island and heading up to Belvedere point. Great view! Another nice feature of the hotel was that they had onsite cars to rent which is very nice. We would have loved to taken a buggy but because we had my son it wasn't an option. Also take in the restaurant AITO close by the hotel. Not really the cleanest place but definitely has some charm and the food was very good.
I can't imagine anyone staying here and not having a great time. The only knock I can think of was I did get an urge to work out one AM, maybe not to feel so guilty about what I was going to do to the rest of the day. When I entered the gym I was a bit surprised as most of the things didn't work and they all were extremely archaic. It made me reconsider and then think hey I am on vacation go lounge on the beach. Perhaps they have a good motive for this :)
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort And Spa
- Hilton Moorea Lagoon Hotel Papetoai
- Hilton Moorea Lagoon Hotel
- Sheraton Moorea
- Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort
- Moorea Sheraton
- Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa French Polynesia
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled between two bays on the heart-shaped island of Moorea, is the very definition of a romantic South Seas escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Amex, Priceline, Expedia, Tingo, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.