“PERFECT” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa

You added Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Bp 1005 | Moorea, Papetoai 98728, French Polynesia (Formerly Sheraton Moorea Lagoon Lagoon Resort and Spa)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Get your 5th Night FREE
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Papetoai
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Christchurch, New Zealand
“PERFECT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

we stayed at the hotel before Moving onto BoraBora for our 25th wedding celerbrations the hotel quality and standards were fantastic
The staff can't do enough for you during your stay The location was great for exploring the island

the only down side was leaving

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
kpeyras, Directeur général at Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Dear Guests,

The team and I would to thank you very much for sharing your comments online and for choosing the Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa for your special celebration.

Again from all of us, Happy Anniversary !

Karine Peyras

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (522)
  • Polish first
Rome, Italy
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

We stayed at this resort about a week ago! The place is in sync with the island, very quite and relaxing. The disappointing part is the staff! Some waiters are plain rude, same with the pool guy! I travel extensively for work reason and this is the first time I was treated this way, granted the price to stay at this resort is not what I call cheap being yelled at by perfect strangers is not what I look for durig a vacation/work assignment. Was it because I was travelling with my colleague (a female)? Where we mistaken for a couple? and also if we were a lesbian couple, this behavior is not accetable not to say discriminatory!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Madam,

I am sad to read today your comments online.
As mentionned when we met while at the resort, I have personnally addressed the person concerned.

I understood your stay with us, apart for this inconvenience, was good in general, and that our gesture of apologies was up to your expectations.

I would like to thank you again for choosing the Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa for your trip in French Polynesia.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at Bungalow 95 for a week, end of April. It was amazing! While my husband enjoyed the breeze off the back porch, I enjoyed the kayaking and tried the paddle board. The water in the lagoon was very calm. We both snorkeled right off the back deck around the lagoon with the coral reef. Was like having an aquarium in your own backyard. All activities are included. Each day you saw several new fish, octopus, and spotted stingrays. Lost count of the different types. Who needed an excursion when we had the fish at our feet. They also have a pool and beach area. In the evening, by the crepe bar, we saw small sharks. they only seemed to come out to let us see them at night. There was the back drop of the mountains for a view to remember, and the sunsets off your back deck, priceless. While there were people staying from 1 night to more then a week, we never felt crowded. The breakfast buffet was unbelievable, more food then one can eat. there were many choices for your meals at the resort. We sampled as much as we could. We only ventured out to do an inner Island safari tour. Otherwise we wanted to take in the fresh air, swim and see the fish. The staff was very friendly and would take care of any need you had. There was an Island wide jelly fish warning for a few days. We were able to use the kayaks but cautioned us not to swim. I recommend this resort for a vacation to remember.

Room Tip: Would recommend over the water bungalow. While it had AC, you could leave the windows open for a cr...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guests,

I would like to sincerely thank you for sharing your comments online, I am glad to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us from our accomodations, to the restaurants and to the ambiance of the hotel.

The team and I thank you for choosing the Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa for your holidays in French Polynesia.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

This is the 2nd best after Sofitel. (intercontinental is ok family option but a bit too big and hectic).

Hilton Moorea has great compact beach, good food and drinks. Very charming restaurant on the pier serving gourmet crepes with sharks circling all around you...

You are reminded that you are in Hilton with densely packed bungalows and 80s interior design ideas but no deal breaker. Recommend more for couples than families as it was very quiet and not much space for kids to roam around. Service was so-so. Just remembered that one evening whilst walking through the pool area we almost cut ourselves against the broken glass on the ground. It was bizarre that it wasn't cleaned up immediately and good we had shoes on.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guests,

Thank you for sharing your comments; and sorry about the lack of service you felt while on the property.

We thank you again for choosing the Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa; hoping you may come back to visit us and this time grade us first hotel in Moorea.

Salinas, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

My wife and I spent a week at this amazing hotel. It is definitely geared towards couples and honeymooners, but we took our three year old with us and there were a few other children as well...so we didn't feel completely out of place. We were torn between the Hilton and Sofitel Moorea. Thanks to our Travel Agent (Tricia Borges at Travelwizard.com) who informed us of the pros/cons of both hotels....we feel we made the right choice!

We stayed in a deluxe garden bungalow with plunge pool and it was located right up front by the water. Our Travel Agent told us the standard garden bungalows shared a wall with another unit.The Deluxe units did not and we felt we had much more privacy this way. We then moved to an overwater, which was beyond amazing! We booked a standard overwater, but were upgraded to an premium overwater. The marine life at this hotel was incredible. The most amazing fish swam right up to our balcony. It was breathtaking!

The customer service at this hotel was wonderful and the staff quickly became family. I think the highlight of our trip was the Crepes Bar we discovered on night one. It is located over by the overwater bungalows, so great outdoor atmosphere. We had THE best seafood crepes and we did choose to dine at this hotel a couple more times during our stay. There are some great restaurants on the island as well and the Hilton provides free transportation to the restaurants.

We will definitely go back to this hotel!! I highly recommend it!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
kpeyras, Directeur général at Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Dear Guests,

Thank you for your nice comments; we are glad to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us.
Indeed our deluxe garden villa are very private, with their onw plunge pool, and really make you feel at home while at the resort.

We thank you for choosing the Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa for your holidays and for recommending our property.

San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

We absolutely loved our stay at the Hilton Moorea. The over the water bungalow was definitely worth the extra expense. The resort was luxurious enough, without being overly pretentious. All of the amenities were great - we enjoyed the spa and the beach and all of the restaurants, especially the breakfast buffet that came with the cost of the room. The only thing I did notice was the hot tub really needed some fresh water. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I also liked that several of the local restaurants provide to and from transportation in the evenings so that it was easy to sample the local food without renting a car or paying for taxies. I do wish that MORE of the restaurants provided that service.
We used Custom Tahiti to make all of the arrangements for us: air, transfers, hotel. I highly recommend their services. Though these days it is easy to do everything online, it was so nice to have someone else take care of all of the details AND have their expertise re: all things in French Polynesia. I would use them again AND plan to go back to Moorea - this time with my kids!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Diana,

I thank you for sharing your comments online which I will make sure to pass on to the team.

We would like to thank you again for choosing the Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa for your holidays in French Polynesia; hoping to see you soon with the kids this time.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

My wife and I just left this hotel and moved to Bora Bora on our honeymoon. We were sooo sad to leave - this hotel is fantastic. The coral reef around the hotel means that as soon as you dip your face in you will feel like you are swimming in an aquarium.

We dined at the restaurant also an it was fantastic -

We will be back one day :)

Stayed July 2014
Dear Guests,

Thank you for your comments; we appreciate you sharing those online; and we are glad to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

The team and I thank you again for choosing the Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa for your holidays and we hope 'you will be back one day'

Karine Peyras

Been to Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!