Really the only negative thing about our stay here was that the weather could have been better but since there's nothing the staff or management of the Hilton can do about that, I won't hold it against them! ;-)
Everything about our stay on Mo'orea and at the Hilton was smooth and easy; from pickup at the airport, checking in, booking activities, making dinner reservations, and getting back to the airport.
The snorkeling right off the beach was good (not the best, but good). We took one of the "Safari" tours of the island which was very good. We rented bikes from the activity desk and biked into Maharepa which was also a good time.
The location of the resort is nice, pretty much right in the middle of Opunohu and Cook's bay and a nice half-hour to hour bike ride from Maharepa where you can stop in at the Supermarche for any auxiliary supplies to supplement your stay.
Yes, prices at the resort are pretty high, but in fact prices all over French Polynesia are pretty high and the breakfast buffet (which we paid for ahead of time) was a great deal (no one particularly cares if you make yourself a sandwich and grab a piece of fruit to take back to your bungalow for lunch as long as you don't overdo it). Even the one dinner we had there had large enough portions that you could easily split an entree and then the cost becomes much more reasonable. The bar had happy hours too which usually meant a 2-for-1 deal. Combined with supplies bought in Maharepa, you can do this without blowing out your budget on food and drinks!
There are some nice restaurants nearby. We ate one night at the Mo'orea Beach Cafe (I have a separate review for that) and enjoyed it..
All in all, I would stay there again and would recommend the Hilton to friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled between two bays on the heart-shaped island of Moorea, is the very definition of a romantic South Seas escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Orbitz, Priceline and Despegar.com so you can book your Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Moorea Lagoon Hotel Papetoai
- Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort And Spa
- Sheraton Moorea
- Moorea Sheraton
- Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa French Polynesia