“Excellent hotel! Great service!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa

You added Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Bp 1005 | Moorea, Papetoai 98728, French Polynesia (Formerly Sheraton Moorea Lagoon Lagoon Resort and Spa)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Get your 5th Night FREE
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Papetoai
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“Excellent hotel! Great service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

The Hilton has beautiful grounds and a gorgeous lagoon for swimming and snorkeling. We stayed in a garden villa and really enjoyed the private pool. We highly recommend it. The breakfasts were delicious and had many choices. We also really appreciated the excellent customer service. One evening, the air conditioner stopped working properly, and the engineer was not able to repair it until the next day. The Hilton staff offered for us to sleep overnight in an overwater bungalow in order to be more comfortable. We would not have to move our belongings -- we could have two rooms that night. It was a very nice offer, and more than made up for the broken AC. We used the travel agency Pacific for Less to book our trip, and we could not have been happier with their excellent customer service and delivery of every aspect of what was promised. We were even able to check in early and got one of the best villas on the property - thanks to Pacific for Less. They get five stars from us, as well as the Hilton.

Room Tip: Villa 45 - very private.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
kpeyras, Directeur général at Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear Guests,

Thank you for your comments shared online.

Again accept our apologies for the inconvenience you encountered; I am glad to read the service recovery offered was to your expectations and that you did enjoy your stay with us.

The team and I thank you again for choosing the Hilton Moorea for your holidays.

Karine Peyras

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (540)
  • Polish first
Mountain House CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

My wife and I went to Moorea for our honeymoon and it was a unbeleivable experience.Every detail was perfect. We booked our trip through Tahiti Travel Planners, Samantha Worthen. First of all she gave us such unparalled service. She was always helpful and very prompt with her responses. Every detail was taken care of, from the time we left the States until we got back not one single time did we have to worry about any transportation or activities becasue Samantha took care of everything for us. Now, the Hilton was 5 star all the way. They greet you with a champagne pineapple drink that will blow you away. By the second night of a 8 night stay all the staff knew our names and not one single time the entire trip did we feel like we were inconveniencing them in anyway. My wife could not stop talking about how friendly and helpful everyone was. Just a example is we were laying in a hammok and our drinks were just out of reach but we didnt want to get out so we decided to just drink them after we were done, one of the staff must have seen this because within 30 seconds of this happening someone came over and actually moved the table with the drinks closer to us so that we could reach them without ever being asked to!!! I could go on and on about how wonderful this place is especially the view every single morning while eating breakfast from a second story restaurant over ooking the ocean and water bungalows but you just need to go here to really see what 5 star service and views really are.

Dear Guests,

I would like to sincerely thank you for your nice comments posted online; I am glad to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

The team and I thank you for choosing the Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa for your honeymoon.

Again CONGRATULATIONS, from all of us!
Itasca, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

This was our 5th visit to Moorea and our 4th time staying at this hotel (however, note that our other visits were when in was still the Sheraton). The property itself has remained largerly unchanged (a good thing!). On all occasions we stayed in an overwater bungalow, and theirs are spacious, have large decks/outdoor lounging area, and are on a beautiful part of the with good snorkeling. When in the room, we normally spent our time outside, so having both lounge chairs and well as a table/chairs for drinks/dining was key for us.

The decor of the Hilton rooms is quite modern. We slightly preferred the previous decor (seemed more 'Tahitian'), but the current decor is still lovely. There is only 1/2 wall separating the bathroom from the rest of the room, but you'll quickly find that a motorized screen is available to create privacy and separation.

The staff at reception as well as the concierge and activity desks were always welcoming, polite, and helpful. The porters/bellhops were very friendly as well. We had a car and either bought groceries or dined out; therefore, we never ate meals at the hotel and can't comment on the food.

Some really nice romantic touches: we had told the hotel we were celebrating an anniversary so as a surprise the first night we received complementary champagne and cookies. And, the second night we came home from dinner to find fresh flowers beautifully decorating our bed.

In terms of the location of the bungalow itself, we were somewhat disappointed. We had reserved (and paid for) the panoramic overwater bungalow, which is the unobstructed view of the lagoon. We ended up in #100, and just on our own pier there were quite a few rooms beyond ours. Given that this room tier seems to often be awarded as a 'free upgrade', our hope was that, since we were actually paying for that room class, we'd be one of the last ones out. To compare, we stayed in #73 and #85 previously, both farther out (and for no more $ than the standard OWB rate). We were also on the side closest to the beach which equals more kayaks/paddleboats going by as well as additional noise from the nights when the hotel has their traditional show/buffet. We considered requesting to be moved, but we decided that we were being overly picky and the fact that we had better rooms in prior stays was the major contributor to our dissapointment.

For others who have stayed at this property previously, here are a few other things that we noticed had changed under the new brand/management:
1. towels/snorkels/masks - used to be equipped in the room. Now you have to go down by the pool to get them.
2. the bar out on the pontoon amongst the OWBs is now a popular crepes bar and supposed to be really good (it had never even been open when we'd stayed previously).
3. the bathrooms were remodeled (shower is more open, bidets removed, new tile)
4. the traditional canoe breakfast is no longer offered
5. there is a special hilton honors concierge desk (membership has is privileges!)
6. the pillow menu is gone, but the heliport is still there. ;-)

Overall, for luxury and romance on Moorea, this is the place to stay. You will be treated like the five-star guest that you are. And do yourself a favor and spring for a room on the water!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
kpeyras, Directeur général at Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Guests,

Again thank you for returning to the Hilton Moorea !

I am very happy to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us, and I will make sure to share your comments with the entire team.

I just would like to clarify that we still offer the canoe breakfast service on demand, so I am sorry you missed on that; but I hope you will get the chance to experience it on your next visit.

Looking forward to welcome ouy back on day in French Polynesia.

Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Went here for my honeymoon, absolutely loved it! The food blew us away!! From burgers and pizza to raw fish and crepes....nothing was less than amazing! Staff and room quality was also great, highly recommend!

Booked our trip in Indianapolis with Carey at Beach Bum Vacations. They also deserve 5 stars! It was my first time using a travel agent and I'll never go back! I'll also never use anyone but Beach Bum!

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guests,

I would like to thank you for sharing your comments on line, I am pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

Again the team and I thank you for choosing the Hilton Moorea for your honeymoon.

Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

This was the 1st stop on 7 days in Tahiti. We also said at the St. Regis we left a review for that as well.

After a long flight from Lax we decided to take the ferry. I would recommend this. The trip across had great views. After the transfer to the hotel we were ready for check-in. They were very quick and had us to our room in no time. We booked a garden plunge pool room, But thanks to Brandi at Dream By Dream travels we were upgraded to a over water bungalow. The did peak at the garden plunge pool room they are very nice and would have fit the occasion fine. But we couldn't turn down the upgrade.

We were one of the last bungalows on the Pontoon. It offered great views. There is a ton of sea life after dark you could here the sharks and fish splashing around under the bungalow at night. even though they say not to feed them I couldn't help it I loved to watch them at night before bed.

Breakfast was included with our plan, there are many great options in the morning. Every morning we had a omelet. I loved the crape bar at night. These are some of the best crapes I have ever eaten.

We did a few excursions while we were there. The ride to the top of Belvedere lookout was the best.. I loved the stop at the Pineapple farm our driver stopped and sliced us a fresh pineapple to share.

Thanks again to Brandi at Dream by Dream travels for a great honeymoon.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
kpeyras, Directeur général at Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 21, 2013

Again CONGRATULATIONS !

I am glad to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us.
I thank you for sharing your comments online and I will make sure to share those with the entire team.

Thank for choosing the Hilton Moorea for your honeymoon.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

My husband and I spent 5 nights at the Hilton Moorea, after 3 nights in LA. Right from the word go, you knew that it was something special. We arrived very early in the morning, and our room wasn't ready but Reception checked us in and promised to sort us out as soon as possible. I had in fact, arranged a massage via email a few weeks before and surprised my husband with that. The spa handled it perfectly and we had the most wonderful start to our trip.

We stayed in a pool villa (we were staying in over water in Bora Bora and wanted to mix it up) and it was a lovely big space with a large outside area. We had a lovely bottle of champagne waiting for us and a card congratulating us on our marriage. It was a lovely touch.

We had a bed and breakfast package, and the breakfast was indeed very good with plenty of choices. The only gripe I would say is that the choices were the same everyday so we were a little bored by the end of 5 days! We had lunch most days in the pool bar, which was lovely big portions - again I felt that the choice of menu was limited for a 5* hotel but we made do. We had dinners in both the main restaurant and the creperie - yum yum is all I can say! The Captain Cook's crepe is to die for and we went back another time too. We also went out to Rudy's one night and would highly recommend. Food is wonderful but do not under estimate how much extra a cost food and drink is when going to Moreea (Bora Bora is even more btw).

The most amazing part of Hilton Moorea is the beach - its just stunning, and the snorkeling off the beach just incredible. We took so many photos - it was just sublime. We also did a day boat trip snorkeling which was incredible. We saw dolphins and snorkelled with sharks. If you are going to do excursions and are visiting Bora Bora after Moorea, I recommend you do your excursions on Moorea as they are far better value for money. Also, you don't get dolphins in Bora Bora!

All in a perfect way to start our Tahiti trip... but then there was Bora Bora...

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guests,

Again Congratulations on your wedding !

The team and I would like to thank you for choosing the Hilton Moorea for your honeymoon. We are very happy to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

My husband and I recently spent the first portion of our Honeymoon at the Hilton in Moorea. Overall it was wonderful and I would recommend it anyone traveling to French Polynesia. We had one major hitch which was missing our first night in the hotel. We arrived to Tahiti late in the evening with no way of getting to Moorea having to find a local Motel. Once we arrived the following day, the Hilton was unable to accommodate our first evening or give us any refund or upgrade. They did though give us free wifi for our stay to help alleviate the situation. The hotel staff, concierge and management were all extremely helpful, friendly and a pleasure to work with. They assisted us with our excursions, dinner reservations, and transfers to the other islands upon arrival. We stayed in a garden villa which had its own private pool and deck and I felt it was so romantic and beautiful. The food and crepe bar was also delicious!! I love how you can watch the sharks swim from the deck of the crepe bar as well as the sunset. For us, it was a once in a lifetime trip, but I will be sure to recommend this place to all my family and friends. Overall gorgeous and breathtaking!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
kpeyras, Directeur général at Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 19, 2013
Dear guests,

Again congratulations !

I thank you for sharing your comments on line. Despite the inconvenience on your arrival, I am glad we met on the property and that we could find a solution for your to enjoy your stay with us.

Thank you again for choosing the Hilton Moorea, hoping one day you might be back in the beautiful french polynesian islands.

Karine Peyras

Been to Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!