During my 10-day tour of French Polynesia I spent 2 days on Moorea at the Hilton with family. Breathtaking is the only word to describe this place! The service, like everywhere else on these islands is impeccable. The most amicable, simple and courteous people I have ever encountered.
We had a bungalow on stilts over the bay, very stylish with a Polynesian flare: wooden floors and furniture from the islands, woven straw on the ceiling, beautiful bathroom, and soooo clean! The floor has a glass window so you can watch the fish, including man-friendly sharks, which come to be fed at night when the lights are turned on.
We enjoyed the restaurants and the creperie which is also on stilts and watched the shark feeding.
Unfortunately, this Hilton, as well as the Bora Bora Hilton, does not serve or propose enough Polynesian cuisine. Most of the food is either Chinese, American or Continental. We would have liked to sample the local food. In order to do this we had to eat at local restaurants, which is good for them if you have the time.
During the day we rented a car from Avis, though quite expensive ($200.00) for 5 hours use, it was worth it, since we were travelling with 2 small children, which required auto seats which they provided. I highly recommend taking the time to visit. No need for a guide, the island is small and there is only one road to go around, therefore impossible to get lost. We went up the highest mountain. The view of the 2 bays is magnificent.
Our only mishap was in the hot tub. Some tiles were broken and my son got a piece in his heel. He was taken care of immediately by the pool staff and mended. But we feel that the hotel management should have made some sort of gesture toward us, as it is done everywhere else. The tub was immediately closed for repair.
Of the 2 Hiltons, Moorea is without a doubt my favourite and, not surprising, that of the Polynesians also.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled between two bays on the heart-shaped island of Moorea, is the very definition of a romantic South Seas escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort And Spa
- Hilton Moorea Lagoon Hotel Papetoai
- Sheraton Moorea
- Moorea Sheraton
- Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa French Polynesia