“Wonderful Trip” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa

Save Saved
You added Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Bp 1005 | Moorea, Papetoai 98728, French Polynesia (Formerly Sheraton Moorea Lagoon Lagoon Resort and Spa)   |
Offers & Announcements
Get your 5th Night FREE
Ranked #1 of 2 hotels in Papetoai
New Albany, Indiana
“Wonderful Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

The Hilton Moorea was a wonderful place to stay. My husband and I traveled Nov 7 - Nov 14. We were supposed to stay 4 nights in an overwater bngalow and then switch to a garden room (all using Hilton points). We were upgraded to spend the entire time in the overwater bungalow due to my Diamond status. Unfortunately, we were not informed of this upgrade until we had already packed up our room and tried to check out to move to the other room. We had even specifially asked twice what we needed to do to switch rooms. They were apologetic, and everyone is so nice there that it's impossible to be upset. The overwater bungalow is beautiful. The room was clean and spacious. We had one issue with the toilet running and maintenance fixed it right away. They even got room service to clean up the area immediately after leaving.

We had the cold breakfast included with my Diamond status. I upgraded 2 days because I was tired of the cold choices. This is partly due to my pickiness with food. I personally don't think the upgrade to hot breakfast was worth $10, but at least it was different. We rarely ate at the hotel since we had a rental car. The hotel food was much higher priced than elsewhere. We did eat lunch the first day, and my chicken Caesar salad was wonderful. We had crepes one night, and they were delicious. We also ordered room service 2 nights because it was raining outside. We both ordered off the kids menu which was a good deal and about the same price we would have paid at a restaurant. The kids meal had HUGE portions and came with dessert. :) The one meal we really regret is the first night we signed up for the hotel buffet with the dancers. We didn't check the price. Turned out it was about $150 or $180 for the buffet (no drinks). The buffet was NOT that good. I would say skip it. You could probably watch the dancers from just outside the restaurant.

I agree with other reviewers to restock your mini fridge with stuff from the gift shop. THe gift shop prices aren't that bad compared to the restaurants. We also kept water bottles and refilled at the fitness center (thanks to other reviewers for suggesting this!). I started bringing water bottles with me to everywhere we ate so I didn't have to pay for more bottles. No one seemed to care I did this.

Hilton did start remodeling the pool area a few days before we left. We found a notice that they would take us to a private island for free to make up for the inconvenience. This was a nice touch. However, the flyer for this was only found in one place. I'm glad we saw it because it was enjoyable. We got to snorkel and a hotel staff showed us how to open cocunuts. They are also updating a lot of the bungalows. I am guessing this is their less busy season. This did lead to some extra noice with hammering and a little extra mess in some places. They seemed to try and keep everything as prestine as possible though.

All of the hotel staff is very friendly. Actually, everyone on the island is beyond nice. This was definetely a great choice of hotels, and I am very happy to have stayed at Hilton Moorea.

Room Tip: The overwater bungalow is amazing.

1,609 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (445)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We returned yesterday from celebrating our 10 yr anniversary at the Hilton Moorea. We stayed in an OWB for 6 nights with our two children and it was so lovely!! Everything about the hotel is wonderful..the breakfast buffet is delicious, the water is clear with so many different fish and sea creatures. The pool was closed during our stay and we never missed not having a pool. The lagoon around the hotel is a pool itself!! The staff is so friendly..I asked for a late check out the day we left (check out is 11am) and even offered to pay to keep our room. Barbara at the front desk explained someone was checking in our room but put us in a garden bungalow free of charge until we left later that evening. We are already planning our next trip as we fell in love with Moorea and we will definately stay at the Hilton again. We visited most of the other hotels on the island and Hilton is the place to stay!

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

This was our second and best stop for our trip. Bora Bora hilton managment need to come here to see how a resort should be run. The food was great, the service was great, the resort was clean and very well looked after. The only bad thing was the roosters waking every one up at 4:30. The hilton in Bora Bora was a 2 out of 10 with this Hilton a 10 out of 10.

John Shannon

Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Hard to add to the other five star reviews. Breakfasts are amazing.

Property not too big, not too small. Well designed and cared for. Great staff all around. Best pool of any hotel on the island.

We had the over-the-water bungalow that enters from the land (there are only 3 of these #53, #54, #55). Best value and can with most of what the higher priced OTW bungalows have, but at a lower price.

Would choose it again!!

Room Tip: Plan a dinner or two away from the hotel to add variety. we recommend Mahogany and Rudi's. The...
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Not only do you find great accommodations here the staff and the food are exceptional. Everyone is welcome and they make your stay the best time you have had. The morning breakfast was a great place to talk to other visitors and share experiences. Everyone was having a great time.
Bungalows are nicely and all amenities worked well. Gardens are well groomed and fresh flowers in your room are a nice touch.I can't think of one thing that was less than perfect but I want to stress that the staff are so friendly and personable and willing to help with anything. Pool was being renovated but hey, you got the best beach in the world and snorkeling like nowhere else, do you really need a pool? Kayaks for use (not for.rent) and plenty of towels meant we were in the water a lot. My travel agent Joe Martinez of AAA Simi Valley California, a Certified Tahiti Specialist suggested this place and he was right; paradise found.

Room Tip: While we were over the water I heard the garden bungalows were great, too.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the Hilton Moorea in an OWB for our honeymoon. It was our first experience of an OWB and its everything you would expect, beautiful, private with the most amazing views of the reef and lagoon. One of the detracting aspects of the stay was the length of time we spent here 7 days is way too long! There is limited eating options (one restaurant and one crepe bar for dinner) and as many previous reviewers have stated its overpriced for the area (hamburger meal for lunch approximately $25) The resort is very much aimed towards an American market which while understandable given the dominant clientele was slightly isolating for us personally as Australians. Overall I would recommend this resort for a honeymoon however I would limit the time spent here to 3 -4 days.

• Stayed November 2012
Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

My husband and I recently went to Moorea and Bora Bora for our anniversary. We stayed in an overwater villa on both islands. The positives about this resort are: the villas are beautiful, clean and have a wonderful assortment of fish to watch underneath and the staff is very professional and courteous. The breakfast buffet is huge! I also had the very best dinner of my life at their restaurant. It was an 11 oz perfectly cooked and delicious tenderloin steak with passion fruit bearnaise, twice baked potato with pinapple and fresh green beans and carrots. I coudn't get enough of it!
What to consider...if you only have a week, I suggest you stay in one resort. We had eight days and did both but wish we hadn't because the travel day is a wasted day. If you want a more lively resort, Moorea is for you. There are lots of people and action around all the time. If you prefer seclusion I suggest Bora Bora.
Overall it was an amazing trip and I am so glad we chose to go to French Polynesia!

Room Tip: I didn't rate the value because it is very expensive, but for us it is worth the price to stay i...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!