“Perfect” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 Gosnells B&B and Inns
Perth, Australia
“Perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

My mother and her sister were visiting Perth to attend my sons 21st birthday. Great accommodation option close by to my home. The owner Sue looked after them brilliantly providing great service and amenities. We will definitely use your B&B for future family gatherings in Perth. Well done Sue and your team :)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Albany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

From the time I contacted Sue to the time we left, she couldn't have been more helpful. She supplied an extra couple of blow up mattresses to deal with the number of people and supplied absolutely everything we needed. Fresh fruit, including a bowl of fruit salad, yoghurt, milk, juice and bread for toast with a range of condiments was ready for our breakfast. A bowl of lollies and tea/coffee etc welcomed us from our drive up from Albany. Very clean and comfortable and the Albany Dragon Boat Club members would highly recommend. We are coming back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dapto, New South Wales, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

The house was clean, bed comfortable the breakfast was poor the fruit was rotten in the bowl and the yogurts in the fridge were well past there use by date and had mould in them. I paid a deposit with my credit card and unbeknown to me they kept my details and used my credit card without my permission to finalise my account during my stay. My bedroom door was locked with a sign not to go in when i arrived back after being out to my astonishment the owner had entered my room as there were clean towels in bathroom. If you are looking for privacy and breakfast this is not the place for you. Do not pay with credit card.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Sue G, Guest Relations Manager at Southern River B&B, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
We are sorry you were disappointed about quality - we did enter your room for a few seconds to put in dry towels because the weather was damp an we wanted you to have dry towels - not sure what fruit you are talking about but we purchased fresh watermelon rock melon oranges apples mandarins and preserved peaches n pears and put in the fridge for u fr breakfast - if u mean the fruit left by previous guests we apologise for not removing them before your very early check in at 11.am when we were in the middle of cleaning - as for credit card - we have offered to refund so you can pay by other means a we are sorry if u are not happy but very few bed and breakfast offer fully equipped kitchen laundry pool barbecue and free parking anywhere in the word - as I said by email - let me know what u wsh n we will refund gladly
P.R.China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

My wife and I went to Perth for attending my son's graduation ceremony. We're from China and we just want to find a B&B to experience some living in Perth. My son selected this nice place and we stayed with Sue & Don for 5 days. The house is well furnished, with everything necessary, clean and comfortable, surrounded by quiet, warm, and friendly atmosphere. My wife especially like the style of cooking breakfirst ourselves. We feel just like home! As the good host Sue & Don are always ready for offering help. They helped us with power plug conversion socket, print maps, print documents. We also got internet access so that my business can go seamlessly. Don even took us with a round trip of the city site view. Our stay with Sue & Don gives us experience of warm, comfortable and convenient Perth stay. We would like to say: Thank you Sue & Don!

Room Tip: The largest room with a very big bed. The second large room with two standard beds. The smallest roo...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2012

A bed is a bed when travelling to me and the difference to how you sleep in that bed is often the atmosphere it is in.My bed was certainly comfortable, i felt secure in the surroundings, was even given access to a private password to help me with my Business laptop, which was a blessing for me.The hosts were very friendly, not intrusive and the BBQ invitation was a bonus. Such nice people deserve this true review and i have so far passed onto my employer and friends my thoughts and recomendations for a warm affordable home like accomodation.

Room Tip: no need to be fussy about this 1 all good
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Molendinar
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

My daughter and I stayed with Sue & Don while visiting family in Southern River. We also took in a lot of the tourist sights and found the B&B to be very central.Our stay was very pleasant due to the friendly atmosphere Sue and Don create.

The B&B located in an separate adjacent house is clean & comfortable and there was room to park our car.

To us, it was like a "home away from home" and we also liked that we could either cook our own meals or purchase takeaways easily'

When we return to Perth our first choice would be to stay with Sue & Don.

Wendy & Sharon

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

This review came 1 year late.
But we remembered Sothern River B&B with fond memories.
Sue and Don are such lovely host. They are always helpful and giving recommendations on places to visit, do online searching and printing out maps for us.
My 2 boys love the heated swimming pool.
On days where there are no other guests in the B&B, you have the whole house to yourself.

A must try...Sue makes awesome breakfast.
Till today, my 3 and 6 yrs old boys are still asking when are we going to Auntie Sue's house.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Been to Southern River B&B? Share your experiences!