“Poor food, service somewhat patchy.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Mercure Bristol North The Grange Hotel

You added Mercure Bristol North The Grange Hotel to your Saves list
Mercure Bristol North The Grange Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   The Grange, Old Gloucester, Northwoods, Winterbourne BS36 1RP, England   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Winterbourne
“Poor food, service somewhat patchy.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

I'll start of by saying this is by no means a bad hotel, and the grounds it is situated in are truly lovely, there are however quite a few negatives. Firstly the lack of wifi access in the rooms is a big disappointment, we've come to expect this as a standard in most hotels, but it is something that has never been implemented here.

My biggest gripe is the food, the food isn't cheap, and it really lacks in quality. For the price I've had far better else where, the burger was of a particularly poor quality, it didn't taste fresh and was definitely not premium meat, as I would have expected of a 13 pounds burger. There's no excuse for using poor quality ingredients. Some of the meals were nicer, but from my colleagues experiences there were plenty of other disappointing plates. the breakfast was however nicer with a good selection of pastries, cereals and fruits etc. again with the fry up at nearly 14 pounds I don't think it would be unreasonable to expect good quality local meat, (sausages, bacon etc) but overall it wasn't to bad.

if you're staying here I'd advise trying the local pubs for dinner and your experience should be a relatively pleasant one.

• Stayed November 2012
MERCUREGrange, General Manager at Mercure Bristol North The Grange Hotel, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Mercure Bristol North The Grange Hotel, but I was very disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

We appreciate your feedback, and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the Mercure Bristol North The Grange Hotel and provide you with a genuine hassle-free experience.

Mehmet Kandemir

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Solihull
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Stayed for 1 night - bedrooms freezing cold. Water from the taps was a very slow drip and shower was either boiling hot or cold. Rooms not welcoming at all. Needs a big refurb. Looks fantastic externally but very dated.
On a positive note the staff were very friendly & I only had to stay for 1 night. Overpriced!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Mehmet Kandemir

Travelers are raving about these Winterbourne hotels

UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Stayed for one night arriving late and leaving early so not much to say other than the rooms need a refurb but the staff service was vey good. Be careful if you want a quiet night as it is a popular wedding venue.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room away from the main building
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
MERCUREGrange, General Manager at Mercure Bristol North The Grange Hotel, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Guest,

We are indeed a very popular wedding venue, in fact one of the most popular wedding venues in Bristol but a vast majority of our bedrooms are located away from the Weding Suite.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Stayed in for one night on Bristol. Was very impressed when driving up the long sweeping drive - but less so when we entered the actual hotel.

Staff were very friendly and helpful.
Rooms were a good size.

BUT
The place looked a little dated
The free wifi was patchy in the communal areas and they charged for internet connection in the room, which I thought was ridiculous.

I do not think the hotel is as elegant as the brochures suggest.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I am glad overall you had an enjoyable stay and would liek to assure you that your comments are carefully noted.

Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Attended my friends wedding last Saturday held at the Grange in Winterbourne. Stunning venue with great staff and delicious food. Stayed overnight, although room was spacious and clean but little dated for my liking. Everything else was perfect.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Mercure Bristol North The Grange Hotel. It is always a pleasure to receive positive and constructive feedback.

I am delighted that overall you enjoyed your stay with us. I will share your comments with our team as I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

This hotel was a great location for our wedding, it gave us many spots for great photos. Also the staff at the hotel were very helpful and laid our tables just as we wanted them. Also the master of ceremonies was a great help during the day getting all our guests organised.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Mercure Bristol North The Grange Hotel. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I am delighted to hear you all had a great day. I will share your comments with our team as I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

Delightful hotel with outstanding service and facilities. Thoroughly enjoyed our weekend at a close relatives wedding. Hotel is set in a lovely location yet very close to city centre. Had an opportunity to visit Bristol city by train as the train station is only a few minutes from the hotel with off street parking. Lovely weekend

• Stayed October 2012

Mehmet Kandemir

Been to Mercure Bristol North The Grange Hotel? Share your experiences!