“Lovely but!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Queen's Bay Hotel

You added Queen's Bay Hotel to your Saves list
Queen's Bay Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Coral Bay Road | PO Box 60416, Kissonerga, Paphos 8102, Cyprus   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Kissonerga
Whitstable, United Kingdom
“Lovely but!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Have just returned from 2 week stay at Queens Bay, can't fault cleanliness, everywhere is spotless saw cleaners doing very thorough clean every day. Staff are very friendly courteous and helpful without exception. Food was very well cooked, always fresh, and constantly replenished, only two days that I was disapointed with selection, I am normally very critical so that was a good result.
Pool area comfortable and relaxing, plenty of sunbeds, no blaring music. Rooms were comfortable, not luxurious but very good for three star.
I would recomend this hotel for older couples, single peole traveling alone ( there were several there, all said they were made to feel comfortable) Not ideal for children although the few that were there seemed to be enjoying their stay.
Now the down side, we went half board, you only get tea making facilities if you are all inclusive, you can hire a kettle at a cost of 4.5 euros per day, this seemed excesive to me and if you take your own it will be confiscated by the cleaners and returned to you when you check out! A small bottle of cold water will cost 1.20euros, as there is no fridge in the room they have you over a barrel! Therefore would consider going back but only on all inclusive.
Carol.

Room Tip: Lovely view from sea view rooms overlooking pool
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
Romford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Can't be faulted,a quiet hotel in a scenic location,no blaring pool music or hordes of annoying "animation teams" driving you up the wall.Decent food and a good selection of quality drinks (even the house wine was lovely) Hard working and attentive staff,smiling and helpful at all times.Three stars? I have stayed at Five Star Hotels that could not compete with this.Spotlessly clean rooms and boiling hot water at all times.One of the best and most relaxing holidays myself and my girlfriend have ever had (and believe me she is fussy!) In short anyone who is seeking a peaceful holiday in lovely surroundings (the sunsets are wonderful) would be very much at home here.Very good value for money. TERRY R

Room Tip: As the hotel is so quiet most rooms would be OK to stay in
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
QueensInfo, Guest Relations Manager at Queen's Bay Hotel, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
I try not to respond to too many reviews because people don't want to read the hotel's side but I've just got to respond to this and the previous reviews.

I want to say a big THANK YOU to Terry R, samcoop67, Precious922, RobinandAliBullard & ian t for such glowing reviews. Your comments mean a lot to us. I'm impressed that some of you remember the names of the staff and I know they will be pleased when I tell them.

Just 2 little things that I want to respond to. Yes, we do have a dress code for the restaurant and I've put it on our web site as the only place where I hope people will see it. However, from July to end September (weather permitting) we move the restaurant outside, so the dress code is relaxed.
The other thing is non-smiling Russians. I am told that the two things they can't understand about us is the smile and "hello". Russian people only smile at something funny, so if you smile at them they wonder what you find funny, and they do not have a greeting (like hello) in their language or culture. Some cultures have the kiss on each cheek as a greeting and I know a lot of people who find that strange. All I can say is "Vive la difference"
Now it's my turn to say sorry - this was going to be a short response.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

Myself and my husband have just returned from the most wonderful 10 day all inclusive stay at the Queens Bay Hotel. I am normally not one for writing reviews or maybe i've never stayed anywhere that deserved reviews as much as this lovely hotel. After reading reviews before we arrived I was a bit sceptical but we need not have worried as was everything we could have wished for in a holiday, the amazing staff could not be more helpful or welcoming, the rooms were spotless and cleaned every day and I could not have ate any more if the lovely food if I had tried, We did plan on having a few nights out in Paphos & Coral Bay but we enjoyed the food and company of some lovely people we met we didn't have to go out in the evening & The lovely Daniel & Julia who never stop made sure we never had an empty glass. I would highly recommend using the local buses which you can catch from the top of the bank from the hotel to go in to Paphos or Coral Bay, it will cost 5 euro for an all day ticket or 1.50 euro for single fare and the buses run very regularly we were very impressed. If thinking of booking a holiday to go to this lovely hotel you wont be dissapointed as we will definately be returning. Thank you once again everybody at Queens Bay and see you all again.

• Stayed June 2013
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I have just arrived back on the 24Th June 2013 and it has been one of the best holidays I have had.I have been to most countries, but the friendliness of all the staff was exceptional and I would really recommend it to people who want a holiday on their own.This time I went with a friend but I would not hesitate going alone to The Queens Bay Hotel because you can always find someone to speak to,and several people I spoke to have been going for several years for this reason. Now about the hotel- very clean, staff excellent, rooms spotless, pool area ideal, a sun bed for everyone,neat and tidy gardens.I was in room 316 and the sunsets are spectacular..The food was of a very good standard for the hotels 3 star rating.The only thing I could say was a minus was having to pay for beach towels daily-if you changed them, but that was soon solved by buying one from the hotel shop!.Thanks to people I met, Margaret, Alysia and John, Welsh David and Elsie, Mike and Helen and several more for making it a perfect holiday. I cannot wait to go back late September if their is a spare room!!! Please could you teach the Russians how to smile?

Room Tip: A sea view on the first floor was ideal for me
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Ipswich
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stayed from 1-18 June 2013 and have very few complaints. Room on 3rd floor was clean and everything was in good working order. TV didn't bother us as we didn't go on holiday to watch TV. The reception area gave an extremely good 1st impression and the staff were very helpful. We enjoyed the bar in the evening and Julia deserves a medal for the way she works so hard, always has a smile and remembered what we were drinking. Take Two were very entertaining but unfortunately the same couldn't be said about the dancing we had one evening - very mediocre. Also the guy doing the bingo needs a bit of enthusiasm to get the guests going.

The pool area was lovely, clean, comfortable sun beds and without any Reps trying to get the guests to take part in various water sports. Very peaceful without any music blaring out. There was Bowls available which was very popular each morning. The pool bar was well stocked and service was very good.

We made use of the bus service a couple of times to go into Paphos but otherwise just had a lovely relaxing break at the hotel. Disappointed not to have free Wi-Fi so paid our 35 Euros to get a week long connection. Most places these days give free Wi-Fi. The only other comment I would make is to let potential male guests know that the dress code for dinner in the restaurant is smart with long trousers. In hot weather my husband wears smart shorts and had only packed one pair of long trousers!

However, these are only very small niggles and we had a thoroughly enjoyable time.

Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

First time we have stayed at the QBH [ 2june -9 june 2013] very friendly staff ,hotel and rooms are very clean .food was good for all inclusive having to cater for all different tastes ,hotel is located outside of Paphos but excellent bus service .Meet other couples who have stayed there before and have returned .We are already looking to book next year at QBH cannot fault the the service at the hotel

Leven, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Stayed here between the 1st and the 15th of June 2013 and had a superb time.
Firstly set your expecations - this is a 3 star hotel not some 4/5 star in the carribean with omlette stations and smoothie bars. Yes things are basic and the choice in the buffet is limited but what you do get offered is first class and very tasty food. I was in 306 - stunning sea view but naff wi-fi access. Usual limited TV stations CNN and BBC world service being your english speaking total.
I usually think the world is too small to return to the same hotel in the same country. I would make an exception for the Queen's Bay Hotel and will certainly make a return visit.
Only marked down as there was no fridge in the room (but you do get a thermos of cold water every day) and they could do with a few wi-fi extenders.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
QueensInfo, Guest Relations Manager at Queen's Bay Hotel, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
Thank you for your kind review. I would just like to answer a couple of your points.

Unfortunately, Cyprus can no longer receive any UK TV chanels. The Sats have been moved and we are no longer in the footprint. The only way to receive TV is through the internet and that is not reliable enough for a hotel to use as it requires constant monitoring.

Your other point is the WiFi access. We have a company provide this for us and they have added boosters to both front & back of the hotel - unfortunately, you were in a side room and there is nowhere to put a booster that way (the land next door is not ours). If you do decide to come again, please check with the hotel and ask for a different room.

Been to Queen's Bay Hotel? Share your experiences!