“Lovely but waste of money on All Inclusive.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Queen's Bay Hotel

Save Saved
You added Queen's Bay Hotel to your Saves list
Queen's Bay Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Coral Bay Road | PO Box 60416, Kissonerga, Paphos 8102, Cyprus   |
Ranked #2 of 3 hotels in Kissonerga
London, UK
“Lovely but waste of money on All Inclusive.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

Queen's Bay is in a lovely area and Cyprus is a stunning place with a great infra-structure, therefore the choices are broad. Not sure if I would choose The Queen's Bay resort again as the All Inclusive board basis had some problems for people in my age. As most people staying on the resort and that could afford the Queen's Bay were wealthy pensioners they did not have problems like we encountered. Well, we wanted a drink after midninght and apparently you have to pay even though you are on an "All Inclusive" basis. That to me seems like a complete rip off. There were not many people out and about the hotel after midnight as it was past their bed time. If you are a person on your early 30's enjoying life as a couple and no children altough the hotel is very comfortable you might feel you don't belong there. Overall we had a relaxing time and spent a lot of time around the pool but again entertainment seemed a bit "dated" as well as the hotel look. 7 days of relaxation indeed but sometimes felt a bit awkward due to the age group around us. Very limited cocktails available on an All Inclusive basis, well if you are relaxing you at least want to have a drink without worries... but it didn't happen as we had to beg for Worcester sauce in our Bloody Mary (a rare commodity in Cyprus apparently).

OK but staff needs training as All Inclusive guests are not staying there for free but treated as such... we are paying their salaries and do not deserve to be treated as such just because we want to have what it was paid in advance so think about it...

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
QueensInfo, Guest Relations Manager at Queen's Bay Hotel, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you for your review. I think that I should make take two points for clarification.
Almost all hotels in Cyprus have a midnight end to the All Inclusive option. Perhaps you are right that a lot of our guests are older and don't want to drink late at night. I have to also say that I am sorry about the lack of Worcester sauce but it is in short supply here. After all, the only real source is Worcester in UK and it has to be imported.
On the second point, it is true that the majority of our guests are slightly older but every hotel caters for a certain clientel and we aim at a quiet, relaxing holiday in pleasant surroundings. If you want an exciting, lively hotel then maybe Queens Bay is not right for you - we will admit that.

548 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
  • Greek first
Kent, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Spent 7 nights at the Queen's Bay Hotel in October and couldn't have chosen a better place for what we paid. Having already had a very busy summer holiday, we were looking for somewhere to spent a relaxing, all-inclusive, break to chill out. We found just what we wanted! Although some people might regard the Queen's Bay as a bit remote, there is plenty going on there in the evening, and if you want to get out, the bus stop is only 5 minute's walk and the fare to Paphos or Coral Bay is only one Euro. We could find no fault with the lunch or dinner - plenty of choice, very nicely presented (buffet style) and lovely, clean restaurant. Breakfast is a bit of a let-down, if you like a good old 'full English' to start the day. A fried breakfast is provided, but choice is limited, one morning it's fried eggs, the next morning it's scrambled, never both. But, having said that, there's plenty of it. The staff, both in the restaurant and in the bars, are so friendly, and the 'all-inclusive' lasts up to mid-night, which is better than many other places we've been to. Going out at the crack of sparrows to 'book' your sun-bed is a pain, but everybody does it, so don't feel guilty. There is live music entertainment most evenings and if, like us, you like a bit of dancing, you'll be able to do this until later in the evening when the floor gets a bit crowded - but it's still fun! The room was very comfortable and the towels are changed every day. Overall, a superb place to stay if you don't want to pay the earth!

Room Tip: People recommend a sea-view room; we didn't have one, but didn't feel deprived. You can see...
Lincoln, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We have visited Queen's Bay Hotel for a good few years now and it doesn't disappoint. From the taxi pick up at the airport to the friendly welcome at the hotel, it makes a good start to the holiday. the staff greet you with a smile. The rooms are very comfortable and at this latest visit,our second this year, we opted for a room on the 3rd Floor where the bathroom had been refurbished-excellent. Refurbishment of the bathrooms continues this winter during the closed season on the remaining two floors-4th and 5th. The sea views are wonderful with fascinating sunsets. We were there in May and then October and saw a different picture every night at sunset!The entertainment programme is good, with games of Boules, Outdoor Darts, Archery and Shuffleboard organised by Khaled, who made it all so friendly. By taking part in some of these activities it gives is a chance to get to know other guests.There are also tennis courts although it was too hot to play this.
We booked directly with the hotel and found the guest coordinator, David to be extremely helpful-all done by email. We then got our own flights.Some guests opted for all inclusive, but we had half board. as neither of us eat much at lunchtime. Others book through First Choice and swear that this is cheaper.I haven't found that, although there is a separate hire charge for a fridge and tea making facilities which adds a bit to the holiday cost.
Meals are buffet style with a large variety of dishes,. The dinner menu was seldom repeated over our 2 weeks. We both enjoyed the food. Congratulations to the chefs.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone, although it might not suit young families.
We didn't make use of the pool as we are non swimmers, but there is an outdoor, a splash pool and an indoor pool.
Entertainment at night was good.Something for everyone and the Bar facilities are excellent...

Room Tip: I do like a sea view,but the other rooms are perfectly good too.
Hampshire, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

This was a last minute booking and we were looking for a relaxing-do-nothing week in the sun. Queen's Bay delivered exactly that. The location is beautiful and each evening found us with a glass of wine watching the sun slip over the horizon and lighting the sky with streaks of gold. Our room on the first floor was perfectly adequate, very clean and with a new bathroom. I believe the hotel is refurbishing the bathrooms on floors 2 and 3 during the winter. If we went back, we would ask for a sea view room, rather than ours which overlooked the front entrance. We opted for AI and were happy with the range of drinks available. The food was fresh, with plenty of choice. I personally found some of it a bit bland, but my other half was more than happy.

The pool was lovely - although quite cold, and you can also swim in the sea, accessed by steps down the rocky 'beach'.

This was the very last week of the season and the hotel was quiet, which suited us perfectly. The only slight downer was being the very last guests to leave the hotel. The last 2 hours were spent in reception with the rest of the hotel closed, and one poor guy left to lock up after we'd gone! If we returned we'd go a little earlier in October - before the hour changed, because by 4 o'clock it was getting too cool to sunbathe. But I'd recommend the hotel to anyone who wants a beautiful location, with plenty of seating/sunbathing areas and good service.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are bright and sunny with fantastic views over the bay.
Cardiff, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Had enjoyable week here would go again Staff were very helpful the hotel was clean and tidy food was lovely the facilities were great enjoyed ourselves very much location was just right for what we were looking for this holiday

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Stoke on Trent
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

A small group of four of us had a great two week break at this hotel. Rooms kept very clean by hard working staff. I contacted the hotel manager David Dorrington prior to travelling and informed him it was my wedding anniversary on our arrival day. Our flight arrived late and the bottle of wine left in our room was very welcome so I would have to say that the customer relations of this hotel are second to non. All the staff were very efficient and we were well looked after. I have no hesitation in reccomending this hotel and we are looking forward to next year so we can visit again.

Room Tip: worth the bit extra for a sea view room
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Nottingham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

I've just got back from Queen's Bay hotel and I had a lovely relaxing week. Going towards the end of the season meant not having to fight for a sun bed, and plenty of good service. I went for the all inclusive option, being on my own meant I didn't want the hassle of finding my own food every day. There was plenty of variety, meat, fish, potatoes, rice and salad. It was always hot and fresh and the waiters that came to take drinks orders were always polite and friendly.
I had a room with a sea view, which was an amazing view. Yes the balconies are small as others have mentioned, but there was more than enough room to sit and enjoy the view when you weren't round the pool. It was always clean, with tea and coffee included in AL (but you have to ask for milk from the bar as there is no fridge in the room).
The entertainment wasn't the best, but I don't go on holiday for that reason! It's a nice bar where you can have a quiet drink whilst listening to some live music and the waiters were friendly and chatty.
You can take the bus to Paphos from the main road up from the hotel. It's three euros for a day pass, but beware that the buses get really busy and they'll ram as many tourists on as possible. The hotel also offers a bus service for about four euros, you have to book at reception. The only downside to doing this is that they pick you up after only a few hours so if you want a proper look around Paphos, then you're better to get the main bus.
I chose this hotel because I didn't want to be in a busy, loud hotel and I wanted somewhere a bit more secluded. I chose right for me, and if I go back to Paphos then I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Been to Queen's Bay Hotel? Share your experiences!