“Excellent experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of A View of the Lake

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in West Kelowna
A View of the Lake
Ranked #2 of 31 West Kelowna B&B and Inns
Shanghai, China
“Excellent experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

It is excellent experience for I and my Son. A view of the lake is good B&B in our traval. The room is cleanliness, and the host Steve and his wife are great and fridently. The Demonstration Kitchen is a good idea, let us know how the good cook is generated. We like all for its. Thanks Steve, It is first choice if we stay again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed four nights at A View of the Lake. We chose this B&B from all the positive reviews. It did not disappoint! The host Steve was great and knew the area well. The three course breakfast was outstanding. The rooms and living areas were very clean. I would definitely stay here if I'm in the area again.

Vernon, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Gorgeous views, comfortable accommodation and the gourmet breakfast was a very pleasant surprise! So good! Owner of place very friendly and accommodating and is a gourmet chef as well! Beautiful open area living room, perfect for putting up your feet and reading a good book.

Room Tip: A room with a view is a good choice!
Abbotsford, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

A View of the Lake is a gorgeous B&B! The room was immaculate, with a very comfortable welcoming feel. The view was so relaxing and stunning from the jet tub. The attention to details by our hostess Chrissy was so thoughtful! We are so thankful for the suggestions on what to do in the area and the warm ambiance provided for our romantic get away! We cannot wait to come back and meet Chef Steve as he was away, but I have to say he trained Chrissy in the Kitchen for our 3 course breakfast so well that I think he has some serious competition going on!
I would highly recommend this to anyone that is looking for a romantic get away, or just a nice clean place to stay for a fun vacation with amazing food served to you every morning.

Thank you Chrissy for making our weekend that much better, I know his 40th birthday will always be a great memory! See you soon!

Room Tip: If you are looking for romance choose the Grand View but all their rooms are nice.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
tryangle, Manager at A View of the Lake, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Thank you for your wonderful review. As you know I was nervous cooking breakfast for you as Steve always does the cooking.

When I found out you were a fellow chef the pressure was on….. I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay and it was memorable 40th Birthday experience for Jason

Glad you appreciated my efforts.

Steve and I look forward to seeing you again soon.
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

We went on a girls wine getaway weekend. From the beginning to the end it was nothing short of fantastic. From check-in with a nice chilled glass of wine, the beautifully appointed rooms, amazing 3 course breakfasts, lovely fun chats while getting recommendations on where to go for dinner or what wineries to visit you couldn't ask for a better place to stay. I recommend whether a couple or friends getting away this is where you need to stay. Chrissy & Steve are excellent hosts, and lovely human beings who are running a first class bed & breakfast. They truly care about your stay and comfort. This is my second time at their place, I hope the next time we have enough people to do the test kitchen and wine pairing evening as I know it would be as great as everything else was.

Room Tip: I have stayed in 2 of the 4 rooms, and friends stayed in a 3rd room so I've seen them. They all...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Manitowoc, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Great beakfast, comfortable accomidations, and a interesting inn keeper. We had a very nice stay at A View of the Lake on a recent vist to Canada's wine country. We recommend it to anyone in the area!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

A View of the Lake is a beautiful home, with a view overlooking Kelowna and Lake Okanagan. The rooms are very well appointed, with modern and meticulously clean features. My wife and I stayed for three nights in the Grand View Suite, which was open and spacious. A jet tub, overlooking the valley. Beautifully renovated washroom, and a very comfortable bed, and pillows. Also, lots of space in the room to store your wine purchases.
Breakfast was fantastic. Steve prepared a wonderful 3 course breakfast, each morning, which is amazingly light. Crissy manages the table, keeps the coffee filled, and the conversation about the day's activities moving. Together, Crissy and Steve work very well as a team. If you need a recommendation for a winery to visit, a trail to hike, a restaurant to visit, or anything else, they offer a fountain of information.
We also had the opportunity to have the demonstration dinner. Absolutely wonderful evening, and my wife is still raving about the lobster bisque.
A View of the Lake is conveniently located very close to a number of West Kelowna wineries. Mt. Boucherie, Quails Gate, and Mission Hill are all less than a 5 minute drive away. One note for those new to Kelowna, is that the B&B is close to Hwy 97. This makes accessing the Summerland, Penticton, and Naramata Bench wineries extremely easy. On the other side, it means that there's a bit of road noise when you open the windows in your room.
Overall, was a fantastic experience, and we definitely plan to repeat a trip to A View of the Lake. We definitely recommend a visit.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to A View of the Lake? Share your experiences!