“Amazing Place to stay!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cove Lakeside Resort

You added Cove Lakeside Resort to your Saves list
Cove Lakeside Resort
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4205 Gellatly Road | Westbank, West Kelowna, British Columbia V4T 2K2, Canada   |
Special Offer
Cozy up at the Cove
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in West Kelowna
Langley City, Canada
“Amazing Place to stay!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2011

The Cove was an amazing and wonderful surprise, our room (1 bedroom deluxe) exceeded our expectations with 2 bathrooms, a large bedroom, a laundry room, full kitchen, and an amazing deck with a beautiful view.
Our kids absolutely loved the pools -especially the slide!! The staff are very friendly as well as accomodating.
We will defineatly be returning to this hidden gem.
My only suggestions are that the signage stating ' no smoking' were not scene, as we walked through the front door, twice, past people smoking, and I think having the pool open until 10pm will eventually cause problems with partiers.
I think for this wonderful relaxing resort not to be taken over by young partiers there needs to be more signage stating quiet after 9/10 pm? We were there Wed-Sat and after watching the types of people check in fri/sat and the noise levels rise considerably we were glad to be leaving Sat , they said it was only 50% full so I can imagine if they let it get out of control how loud this resort will be at full capacity.
However, we thoroughly had an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
West Kelowna, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2011

Great for a long weekend stay or longer in the summer. Full kitchen, comfortable bedroom and living room - the 2 bedroom suite could easily accommodate two couples comfortably. Clean, private, great views with hotel services. It feel like your own vacation rental.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Whistler, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2011

We stopped by this hotel during a road trip down to South Okanagan. This was the final stretch of our trip.

We were greeted by a kind young lady that informed us about everything that the property had to offer. She also gave us a tip to park closer to the elevator, we thought that was sweet of her!

Overall amazing place, right on the lake. It was a quiet season while we were there so not much was going on but I could picture that place bustling in the busier summer months. Our suite was huge! It had a loft, but it wasn't furnished up there, strange but, whatever. Everything else was just like being in my own condo.

The restaurant in the lobby served us a great dinner and we hung out until late. The staff there were very nice.

This place makes an amazing couple's getaway. Even with the crumby weather we faced it still made for incredible scenery right out of our window.

Stay here! : )

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2011

Resort/Rooms: This is a newer condo/ hotel resort on Okanagan Lake. It truly is a hidden treasure. They are like condo suites with a living room, full kitchens and a great balcony.

Experience/location: It is very relaxing and quiet. it is located in West Kelowna (Westbank) so you are away from downtown Kelowna. However, this would be a great place to stay if you are doing wine tours throughout the valley.

Tip: I was able to book last minute for a three day getaway. Check for amazing winter deals that include food vouchers, and spa credit. Book a lakeview room if you can.... not sure if it would be the same experience without the view.

Food: The Bonfire restaurant is right in the hotel. It has two sections - the restaurant and a beautiful trendy bar/pub. The food is average pricing and full of flavour, they also offer a great selection of Okanagan wines.

Service/People - Service is wonderful, from the second you check in, to the team at the bars and in the spa.

Note: this place could be busy in the summer, but it is a nice quite winter getaway.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
NY/Westport/Provence
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2010

We stayed here during a beautiful October,l visiting friends here in the Okanagan for the first time. This hotel is certainly if not the nicest, one of the nicest on the lake. As a world traveler it is was so evident to me that a few minor changes could make this a 4* luxe hotel of the likes of other Resort Towns. But....did we know of the Okanagan region before having friends there, as we are from NY? No. Perhaps that is part of the charm for Canadians from Vancouver who use this as a year round resort town: Skiing to swimming and sporting on the lake. The hotel is a solid 4* hotel in many ways. First, if you have a room on the lake facing the mountains beyond, it surpasses all the little negatives of the hotel. Stunning is not a strong enough word. Worth staying for this alone at the fair prices. As to the hotel, it has a hotel/business suites for long-term feel when you enter the lobby which is perfectly nice. But again...nothing that makes you take note that this is a great hotel. The service people are friendly but many of them are young and they don't have the panache to deal with clientale who expect a certain level of expertise. Case in point, when ordering Breakfast 'en suite', the young lady fumbled when I asked if she had diffeent breads for toast. Her answer " We buy all the bread at the grocery store so I'm sure it is all good. (pause) We have White and Whole Wheat." Me:"Is that Wheat bread or real Whole Wheat?' Young Lady :"Uhh...I don't know..would you like me to read what it says?" Pause me: "No. Just send up the Wheat bread and...can I have steamed or hot milk for my tea" Her: "For tea? I don't know how rto do that..I only know how to add the steamed milk for coffee." Me: "Well..just fill a pot and put it on the side so I can put it in each cup of tea I have,please" Again...she was a doll but this was a deep conversation to have on vacation when ordering breakfast. She seemed very 'Young'. Again the service was my main complaint. The Breakfast was still in my room when i returned in the afternoon even though the room had been cleaned. Oh..the maid had left a roll of paper towels and a cleanser in our sink in the bathroom. Don't order any food from this restaurant except the most basic, basic breakfast...it is really terrible. Food comes cold so it is hard to judge if the breakfast would have been better. I must admit with the kitchen in our room with all new appliances...I was able to warm up the toast. Aside from these complaints, I would still advise staying here. Free wi-fi while overlooking the lake from your large room or suite. Comfortable if not a bit dated furnishings and a nice kitchen area . The balconys are swell! Given all these things would i stay here again? Yes!! I liked it. The kids were trying and were very nice. The beds and the rooms were big, relaxed and with an electric fireplace and 2 fat screen TV's..and there is the location which is why you are there in the first place..but do yourself a favor...as it is expensive..if you have a room with a kitchen or kitchenette...bring your own breakfast materials and DO NOT order dinner from this restaurant. I did like the hotel though....with a few tweeks..it could be a level higher..but probably more money :)

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Maple ridge
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2010

The resort is on the water in West Kelowna in a quiet location. Rented 2 -2bdr units and they were very clean and comfortable. Quiet at night. Brought 2 dogs and there was lots of places to walk them. 2 couples in each unit and the main bath has 2 doors that can act as an ensuite which was great. Kitchens were well stocked with cooking items/utensils. Loved the lake view. 1 bed left alot to be desired-cupped in the middle-not very comfortable! Would definitely be back.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2010

Went for business to the Cove Lakeside, stayed in a 1BR suite facing the parking lot, mountains and stables. Wish I had a lake view but this was fine.

Pros:
- comfortable, huge bed with ample pillows
- loads of storage space and in-suite washer/dryer
- 1.5 bathrooms, lots of room
- large patio
- clean and spacious suite (approx 700sqft) and practical open layout with large windows to bring natural light in
- well appointed full kitchen and dining area
- complimentary wifi
- quiet, more serene sleep you'll have (especially if you're used the hustle of downtown Vancouver)

Cons:
- weak wifi signal - was at "2 bars" at most, sometimes couldn't get a signal at all
- is a bit out of the way depending on why you're in Kelowna, but since I was working out of my hotel room and just wanted to get away from the city, this was totally fine, even welcome
- room service and the restaurant are quite pricey - best to venture out or take advantage of the full kitchen and cook

Next time, I'd take advantage of the spa there and the private strip of sand. "Late check out" doesn't go any later than 12 -- not great if you like to sleep in. The amenities are nice but not extensive -- is about a 3.5 star hotel but for the value and the quality of the suites, I would say it was almost a 5 star experience. Would definitely visit again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business

Been to Cove Lakeside Resort? Share your experiences!