“Very pleasant surprise” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 13 activities in West Kelowna
Type: Wineries
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Since 1978, Sarwan Gidda and his family have been growing grapes in the Okanagan Valley. Our Winery is situated on the south eastern slope of a 60 million year of dormant volcano - Boucherie Mountain. Our wines are made from 100% BC grown grapes and are BCVQA approved. Come visit our expansive tasting counter and unique gift stop!
Kelowna BC Canada
11 attraction reviews
“Very pleasant surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

Nice full bodied red wines worth a taste and purchase.

$2 tasting fee is off-putting but waived with purchase. Knowing that the wines are tasty is helpful in making the $2 decision/

Visited June 2012

Banff, Canada
“Small but incredible”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

Most people visiting the wineries of West Kelowna opt out for the larger ones, like Mission Hill and Quails Gate but this winery is one that should be on everyones list. The building itself is quite impressive but it is their wines that make this place such a pleasant surprise. We tried several of their wines and had to stop because each one we tried meant we simply had to buy a bottle. For whites, my wife loved their Chardonnay and also their Pinot Gris. As a red wine lover, my favourites were Eruption - a blend of cab, syrah and merlot and their cabernet/sauvignon. My wife's favourite red was their merlot. It will be great when they set up their restaurant as the view of the lake is gorgeous.

Visited June 2012
Bend, Oregon
5 attraction reviews
“Excellent Wine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

I recently bought a bottle of Eruption. The wine was big, bold, and full of flavor. My wife and I were very impressed with how complex the wine was for a fairly new winery. We look forward to the next bottle when we visit Kelowna in the future.

Visited April 2012
Vancouver, Canada
6 attraction reviews
“Nice new winery”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

This winery is conveniently located on Boucherie Road near other neighbouring wineries right across from Mt Boucherie (which is a dormant volcano. Hence the name). The building appears to be recently built and quite spacious as it seemed they were still in the process of completing the arrangement of the back end of the main hall. Despite this the wine tasting was fun as my attendant had a great sense of humour and recommended a few types of wines I had never bothered trying before which I did decide to buy.
Although they seemed to be in the process of getting used to their new building I believe they will have worked out all the quirks soon. I plan to stop by again on my next visit.

Visited May 2012
Vancouver, Canada
“Pinot Wine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

Although quite a new winery....the wine was very very good.

Visited April 2012