“More than disappointing.” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Japanese
West Kelowna, Canada
“More than disappointing.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

First off, I've had two different 'waitresses' at this 'restaurant' and neither of them were trained, experienced or acted as a responsible waitress. I had a bad experience the first time, but I decided to try Nari again. I was seated with a menu, the girl left without asking me what I would like to drink and I waited for 10 minutes for her to return. Just sitting there staring in her direction. Did I mention that we were the only customers there? I got a water, and a sunomono which she forgot to bring until we had our main dishes. The sunomono was almost too salty to eat, had carrot shreds, and parsley. The cucumber that was in it was three slices that were litterally thinner than paper. I paid almost 5 dollars for it. The noodles were over cooked and cheap. I got a dynamite roll which was also more expensive than usual, and again, toothpick thin cucumber. I was wondering why they even added it, if there wasn't enough to taste and too little to crunch. I felt terrible about paying for this meal. My boyfriend got a terriyaki beef bento box which was 'meh' And the California rolls were minuscule. I won't be giving Nari Sushi a third chance. I think if I ever do, I will tell the manager to hire someone to teach these women how to serve food, because the service was a joke, and they're ruining his/her restaurant.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Kelowna, Canada
“Unethical and just "plain" terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

We stopped in for a quick delicious lunch and left feeling bitter , diappointed and lied to.
Lets start :
the service is horrible, and you are an inconvenience for them.
We asked for "low - sodium" soy sauce. The abrasive waiter said that is what is on the table. We pointed out the obvious that this was a regular soy sauce. He said they make it in the back room and pour it in the bottle. So I questioned him, by stating then that bottle is mis leading and mis labeled, and that we truly do not even know what is in the bottle then. He turned and walked away, for real.
We asked for a glass of water on 3 seperate occasions, I never, ever received mine.
We asked for the tuna sashime to be made spicy, the waiter said that would be fine. All they did was pour tabasco sauce on the tuna and then neglected to tell us there would be another charge added!!! what ???
the portions are small and completely over-priced. oh and did i mention tasteless.
the last rude step was at time to pay the bill, I explained that we were not happy, ( for the above reasons) and that i was not going to pay the up charge on the tuna as it was not mentioned, nor anywhere on the menu.
the waiter handed me the pay machine and walked away.
unbeleiveable how BAD they are.

GO : to SUSHI YA !!! It is amazing, go see for yourself as it is just around the corner : )

• Visited November 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Food was ok. Would have eaten there again if not for terrible service.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012 via mobile

Decent food. A little over priced. Cute atmosphere. However, the service my party received was abhorrent. Our waitress ensured that, even though I enjoyed the food and the price was decent, I shall not be visiting this establishment again. You don't get mad at your customers because they didn't tell you before they ordered that they wanted 3 different bills.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
West Kelowna, Canada
“Best Sushi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

We have so many sushi places in Westbank & Kelowna but Nari in Westbank if the best. The food is excellent, the manager is friendly and the atmosphere is great.

• Visited March 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Penticton
“Very good , I will definately go back”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2012

Japanese soup was fantastik. So hot I burnt my tongue. Sushi rolls were very good and fresh. Atmosphere is nice . There were a fair few people there when I went , which was a good sign. Price was the same as others in West Kelowna . I will go back.

• Visited January 2012