“Excellent food” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mission Hill Family Estate Winery

Mission Hill Family Estate Winery
1730 Mission Hill Road | Westbank, West Kelowna, British Columbia V4T 2E4, Canada
+1 250-768-7611
Website
Improve this listing
Activities: Wine tasting, Group tours/walking tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Mission Hill Family Estate, situated in the heart of British Columbia's breathtaking Okanagan Valley wine country, one of the Pacific Northwest's undiscovered gems. Making great wines and providing a special place where people can enjoy them has been my dream and my life's work. Now, it's a reality, one that my family and I want to share with everyone who visits us high atop Mission Hill. We hope you'll think of our winery as a refuge from the hurried pace of daily life. We invite you to experience the nature and art of winemaking by walking our lush on-site vineyards and visiting our underground cellars. Sample fine wines by the glass, marvel at the vista and reflect on a process that's almost as old as time itself. We look forward to welcoming you at Mission Hill Family Estate. Anthony von Mandl Proprietor
12 attraction reviews
“Excellent food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Great views, great weather, excellent food, outstanding waiter...bring your wallet....make sure its full

Visited June 2013

Calgary, Canada
6 attraction reviews
“World Class Winery and Amazing Venue”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Let me clear from the start. I don't drink alcohol. Then why the hell did my wife and I go here? We heard lots about it from friends and from literature. Now, I can appreciate the grape cultivating and farming industry and really enjoy architecture. This place has got both things going for it.

We decided to take a tour of the venue, which you can register from their webpage (which I highly suggest you do to confirm being accepted on the tour). It's worth the $12 per person to experience the vision that the owners had and how they have made such an amazing property.

How's the wine? I haven't got a clue. Apparently, world class. The tour included reviewing how to properly taste wine and I think anyone who doesn't know, should take the basic tour, at least. The store has lots of neat things and the restaurant is definitely on our list for our next visit to West Kelowna.

Visited May 2013
Kamloops, Canada
“Disappointing experience at tasting bar with visitors from overseas, who left underwhelmed.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

My husband and I traveled to Mission Hill earlier this week with two visitors from South Africa, who come from the wine region there and thus are familiar with wine tasting. We intended to purchase a considerable amount of Mission Hill Sauvignon Blanc for an upcoming family event. The MH Sauvignon Blanc Reserve open for tasting was not the only wine we wanted to taste, so we asked the person on duty if we could also taste the 2011 Sauvignon Blanc, Her response? 'we can't possibly open every bottle of wine for tasting'. I pointed out to her that we'd asked for a single bottle to be opened, whereupon she indicated she'd have to 'go and ask someone'. Really? You need to ask someone to open a bottle of wine?

Your competitors got the sale you could have made.

Visited May 2013
flyswa58
“nice winery”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

The place was very clean and bright. It had a restaurant but did not go to it. The views were very nice from the winery

Visited April 2013
Vancouver, Canada
4 attraction reviews
“Terrible Winery”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

We found the service inside the gift shop where you purchase wine, the service was terrible. We expericenced a very rude employee and will definetely never return, and also emailed the winery and explained our experience and had any response. Would not recommend this winery, the drive to this winery is scenic but the service and the advertisement is very false.