“Nice” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn West Kelowna

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn West Kelowna to your Saves list
Holiday Inn West Kelowna
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2569 Dobbin Road | Hwy 97, West Kelowna, British Columbia V4T 2J6, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #4 of 5 hotels in West Kelowna
Regina, Saskatchewan
“Nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012 via mobile

Nice place. Nothing to complain about. Clean quiet nice location to go to kelowna or back towards summer land, peach land, pent icon and the wineries. Weird pool that is half indoors and half outdoors with the deep end is in the middle but it's fine. Nice hot tub. They did one thing that most other places did not ... They actually had enough towels in the pool that they didn't run out! About the price ... Have you stayed at hotels in bc before? This is not out of the ordinary.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

102 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

This is a great little hotel! Was very impressed with the front desk staff at check in. The hotel was very clean and every single person that worked there from the chambermaids to the room service to the restaurant was very friendly and accomidating. I will stay here again, clean comfortable and a resonable price.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Lanark, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

Good location for exploring Okanagen region. Room was very clean and comfortable and just what you would expect from a Holiday Inn. Staff were quite friendly, however did not go out of their way to help. Good, quiet hotel, but nothing special for a moderately high rate.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Fredericton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

I booked this room as a hotwire hotrate. I had to get my wife to sign the room receipt so she could be given a second key, I guess too many husbands or wifes there with someone other than their spouses LOL. The room was clean and quite large with a great view of the valley. If your coming in from the Airport or spending your time in Kelowna then it is a little out of the way, but there is lots of stores and restarants close by. We went to Summerland to the Kettle Valley railroad which was actually closer to Westbank.

My biggest disappointment was the lack of fridges in the two double bed rooms and they didn't have any they could bring to the room. The clerk did offer to move us to a king bed on the 1st floor with a fridge, but they were all ready booked. The pool was part inside and part outside with a hot tub out side, and nice little fitness room. Nothing super fancy, but a very soild property for the price.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Alberta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

I stayed overnight at this hotel on my way to Seattle Washington. It was a standard Holiday Inn, clean with good staff, but it didn’t stand out in any special way. The hotel is a long way from the Kelowna airport and the downtown area, so if this is your destination I would pick the other Holiday Inn. Parking is adequate and there are a number of places to eat close to the hotel. It has an outdoor pool area. The hotel is best for people who are passing through, or are spending time in the area for site seeing, not at the beach.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

Overall I liked this place. Good location for us, good service, they stored our bikes for us, nice pool. The rate was far too high for what you get but it was a long weekend so that happens.
We went for breakfast at the restaurant next door, good food and service until the end.....their debit/credit terminal was broken so we were told that we would have to pay our bill at the Front Desk of the hotel. No problem..you would think. We were informed by the restaurant staff that due to this there would not be a tip option when we went to pay our bill. We told the server that we would drop off some cash for this in a bit. She responded that she would be watching for this in a rather rude tone of voice. While checking out (with the restaurant bill in my hand) I was asked by 3 different people how I was planning on paying my breakfast bill. Did they think I was trying to skip out on them, or not pay my breakfast bill? I was standing there with my bill and credit card ready to go. It as rude, and gave me a really bad impression of the service. Our server was loitering in the area, I can only assume to ensure that our bill was paid. I really didn't need 4 people to remind me to pay my bill as I was standing there waiting to pay it. Good hotel though.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Red Deer, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is well placed on the south end of Westbank right on 97 Hwy. It has been very well looked after and is about 12 years old. The lobby is enviting and well kept. I took a single room at $128 per night plus tax. The room itself was quite large and very pleasant. The hotel staff were extremely friendly and accomodating. Had a great stay.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Holiday Inn West Kelowna? Share your experiences!