“Great rate and location” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 West Kelowna

You added Super 8 West Kelowna to your Saves list
Super 8 West Kelowna
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1655 Westgate Road, West Kelowna, British Columbia V1Z 3P1, Canada (Formerly Comfort Inn)   |
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in West Kelowna
White Rock, Canada
“Great rate and location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2009

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights while attending a hockey tournament in E. Kelowna. The people at reception were very friendly and helpful. We were only booked for two nights but had to extend our stay for another night so were given a different room. The first two nights we were on the 2nd floor. There is not an elevator. The walls are paper thin so voices carried from the hall beginning at 7 a.m. as the breakfast room is on that floor and also late into the night with people talking as they went to their rooms. It sounded like they were in our room with us. The room was clean and comfortable, everything worked - the t.v., hair dryer, shower and we had hot water all the time. We moved to the first floor for our third night and it was very quiet. The hot tub did not work properly, very little power from the jets. The pool was indoor and warm. The breakfast had a great variety and every thing was fresh. We were only 7 minutes from the main street of Kelowna so for the location and price of $120.00 a night Canadian it was a good rate and location.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Vancouver
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2008

We tried to check in at 1:00 p.m., but were told to come back at 3:00, their check in time, fair enough. We came back at 3:00 and checked in, went up to the room. We found that the room had not been made up so we went down to the front desk and the clerk was not very helpful but said it would be made up shortly. My friend went to use the men's washroom in the lobby but came right back out and told the clerk that the toilet was backed up. The clerk said "Not again" but he made no effort to call anyone. We went over to the cafe and had an ice tea and waited almost an hour before returning. The maid was finally in cleaning the room so we left again for a short walk. Upon return, the room was clear and we turned on the TV but there was no reception on any channels at all. I phoned down stairs and the clerk said the cable was out. I decided at $180. a night, it wasn't worth it. I was not happy. I started down to talk to the clerk and ran into another guest and asked her if her TV was working. She said come in and she would check it quickly. When she opened her door, the first thing she said was "Oh no, they haven't made up my room, and that is two days in a row." She checked her tv and it too was not working. I went downstairs and told the clerk that I was not happy. Immediately, he asked if I wanted my money back and I told him yes. He ripped off the authorization receipt from my file and handed it to me. I asked him if that was it and he said, " Yes, you have both the merchant and cardholder copy". We left and found another motel downtown.
To my surprise, I went to pay my credit card bill today and there is a charge on it from this hotel. I phoned the hotel and they could not locate the manager, and told me that they would try to get him to call me back tomorrow afternoon. However they have a busy sold out weekend and he would have to investigate it so he might not be able to get back to me tomorrow. The clerk I was talking too ensured me that he would put an urgency on my complaint.
The attitude of the desk clerk at the hotel that day, was the worst I have ever seen and dealth with. Now reading other's reviews of this property, I am very concerned as to getting my money back.

• Liked — The whole experience has left a bad taste in my mouth
  • Disliked — the front desk clerk
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2008

Stayed here one night and booked a non smoking room with two queen beds. We encountered no problems during our stay.

It is a typical motel room and decent enough to crash in after a long day of wine tasting. I did find the beds a little hard but that is personal preference as I am used to a softer bed. The air conditioning worked great, the beds were clean and all other toiletries were new.

The breakfast was good as well they serve juice, coffee, tea, toast, waffles, donuts, muffins, Danish, boiled eggs, fruit and cereal. It is enough to keep you going till lunch.

The staff is hardworking, I saw the cleaning girls doing there stuff in the morning and the reception staff is cheerful as well.

This is not a luxury resort it is place to sleep.

• Stayed July 2008
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Mission BC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2008

We have just spent the weekend at the Comfort Inn in Westbank BC. We booked through a travel agent and confirmed out stay by fax one week before we arrived. We were greeted by the hotel clerk telling us we had not given them sufficent notice so we were not given the kitchenette rooms we requested. The airconditioning was not working and the hotel was very hot. As we were with a sports team we accepted this and took our room. The rooms are fairly run down (needs painting, burns on the floor) and room was not overly clean. Our second and third day our rooms were never fully cleaned. Our beds were not made and we were missing towels, soaps etc. As were were there for a ball tournament we were hardley in our rooms, so again we did not complain. At check out time we were told our rooms were $50 moreper night than were were told by the travel agent we booked for. The clerk refused to do any research into the matter and manager could be located. This matter is still not resolved. This motel seems to be very careless run with a very disinterested owner. I guess the area is so busy people will accept anywhere to stay at any cost. I would not stay at any comfort inn again after this experience.

• Disliked — Unhelpful and Unfriendly Hotel clerk
  • Stayed May 2008
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
British Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2007

The room was better than expected with two comfortable beds, a large screen TV and a small kitchenette. Apparently 139$ is a deal in Kelowna in the summer!!! I actually enjoyed the breakfast which I would describe as Deluxe continental - Frsh pastries, muffins, variety of breads and cereal, very pleasant change from the usual coffee/croissant cheap continental breakfast.

The bad part - the front desk. I told the clerk upon check in that I'd have a friend join me later and to had his name on the room. He pretended to do it and then denied my friend a key to the room when he tried to check in!!! My wife called and the evening and the clerk was apparently mad at having to write down a message!!!

I have also experienced my first "silent" check-out of a hotel (I've been working in the industry for 11 years) the guy did not look up, greet or talk to me!!!! He slapped the bill on the desk with a pen waiting for me to sign. When I asked to split the bill on two different credit cards (my buddy sharing would pay other half) it seemed that I had asked him to re-invent the wheel and it took forever!!!

As long as you don't need anything from the front desk you'll be happy there, great room and great breakfast for price!

• Liked — Space, comfort, cleanliness
  • Disliked — service
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Stockport, England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2006

We managed to get one of the last available rooms here on a hot evening this July. The location was great for us because it was near to the highway over to Vancouver (our next stop). The room was big and clean and as bland as you'd expect. No problem at all. We ate out that night and talked to some other guests when we returned and it seems we'd made a good choice - they said it was average.

A 'buffet breakfast' had been included in our room rate. Now this was a bit bizarre! It was in a conference type room. There were racks of bread, some bowls of fruit and a toaster. Now bear in mind that a coach party of Japanese people were trying to eat at the same time as us & you're begiining to get the picture. The toaster was a bit onn the feeble side & the queue for toast was huge! Tip- see if you can get a discount for room only and eat on the road!

• Liked — COnvenient for tourers
  • Disliked — Breakfasts!
  • Tips/Secrets — Eat out
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Visalia, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2005

After I paid for the room, the hotel refused to give me my AAA discount because they said it would mess up their petty cash. When I asked to put it on my credit card, they said they would not do it because I had already signed and paid for my room. The staff members name was Michelle and she was not looking to satisfy her guests.
I then called the 800 customer relations number and they told me there was nothing they could do.
Absolutely horrible guest relations all the way around. I will put this message on trip advisor, and tell all my family and friends to avoid this hotel in the future.

• Stayed July 2005

Been to Super 8 West Kelowna? Share your experiences!