“OUTSTANDINGLY GOOD” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
London
“OUTSTANDINGLY GOOD”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

This place is outstandingly good. The food is fresh, beautifully cooked and presented nicely in comfortable surroundings. I cannot imagine how a fish & chip shop could be better. Prices are not cheap but perfectly justifiable when you experience just how good the food is. To describe Pier One best I think it correct to tell you that it is the only chippie that I know that sells a range of champagne.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Dallas, Texas
“Amazing service, food, and dessert!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

The service was quick and friendly. We were promptly greeted, sat near the window, giving colors for my son and a high chair. We were a group of 6 and we all each ordered something different off the menu. We all enjoyed our choices greatly! We got the handmade hamburger, fried and grilled fish options and chicken! Great quality and fresh! The desserts were amazing, creme brûlée and sticky toffee pudding! Out of this world amazing! Next time we trek from Bloomsbury, we will be going there!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ealing
“Almost Perfect”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Pier 1 was one of those restaurants we had been meaning to try for quite some time but had simply never got round to it. Finding ourselves at a loose end we walked up from the other end of Richmond on a Saturday afternoon for a late-ish lunch. It’s a fairly big place and when you walk in there is the take-away area and the dining area is next to it. The smell of good old fish and chips is lovely and we couldn’t wait to order. The restaurant is quite modern and simple and we were quickly seated.

The menu is quite extensive – all the usuals – cod, haddock, plaice etc – but there are also scallops, prawn and crab cakes, goujons and all sorts of other things. For those that really don’t like fish, there are a few meat dishes and even a vegi dish but this is primarily a fish & chip restaurant. There were lots of starters to choose from, but friends had said that the mains were large so we chose not to have one – shame as there were some really nice things on there. Both me and my partner went for tradition with our choices – I went for haddock and he went for cod – your dish is served with chips, mushy minty peas and tartar sauce. We both ordered bread and butter and I went for a gherkin too.

Large selection of drinks available – both soft and beers, wines etc. The service was friendly and fast. The food was great – big generous fish, in crispy batter, great chips – like you get in a proper chippy. Portions were big and we were glad we declined the starter. It was all really delicious.

Two tiny gripes – the restaurant was quite cold – other half actually kept his coat on! And the bread & butter – we weren’t asked whether we wanted brown or white – they gave us each half a slice of each – the brown bread was a slightly stale. But I am being very very picky here. As we didn’t have a starter and had nothing to do for the rest of the afternoon, we also went for a dessert. I had a crumble and my partner had the sticky toffee pudding – they were both superb and very large too. My crumble came in a vat of custard which suited me fine! The great thing about this place is you can have your fish grilled if you prefer and there are alternative to chips such as boiled potatoes and salads etc

The bill was just over £44 for the two of us – which I thought was pretty reasonable. I would definitely recommend it and I imagine we will be visiting again quite soon

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Best fish & chips in Richmond”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

This place hands down has the best quality fish & chips you'll find in this part of London. Portions are more than enough, and although the price is slightly higher than other establishments in the area you are definitely getting extra quality for the money.

Service is always prompt and polite, and the option to dine in instead of the traditional take away option is nice. I would advise dining in if you can, the wait staff are particularly great. If you do get takeaway though, the river is but a short stroll away which makes the perfect location to enjoy your food, particularly on summer nights.

The chefs have good knowledge of their product, so if you fancy being more adventurous do ask for their advice; you won't be disappointed!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Deal
“Grilled and healthy fare”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

I noticed this restaurant because of the eye catching blue lighting in the dark. On the edge of the main town, but worth the walk. Bright interior but with parquet floors. Divided between a smart takeaway and the diner which has waitress service. My order was taken fairly promptly and food arrived in acceptable time. Grilled cod and boiled potatoes with salad made me feel healthier than in some fish restaurants. There were several sweets including a filling crumble, and a good choice of wine, beers and soft drinks. The toilets are not signed but one at a time affairs ion the basement, mine have urinal, WC and sink in one space. Two staff took the trouble to say goodbye, although busy. Wish it was nearer where I live. Too dark for outdoor seating if any

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere