“A very hot night and no sleep - what I wouldn't give for aircon” 1 of 5 stars

You added Richmond Park Hotel to your Saves list
Richmond Park Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3 Petersham Rd, Richmond-upon-Thames TW10 6UH, England   |
Kettering, UK
“A very hot night and no sleep - what I wouldn't give for aircon”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2007

For £100 for a room, one would expect a lot more value for money than I received at this hotel. The room was tiny and very hot. We had to have the window open all night and the traffic noise was unbearable and the heat unabated. It was not a particularly hot night so I have no idea why the room was so hot. I maybe slept for three hours out of a maximum 8 hours. A terrible experience I will not repeat.
Breakfast was passable although sparse. The staff distant if not rude, although thr French girl on the front desk was ok. The hotel itself is tiny - no facilities to speak of, yet not cheap. I would not recommend this hote to anyone. If you must stay here ask for a room at the rear.

• Liked — Very central in Richmond
  • Disliked — No aircon!
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Liverpool
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2007

If anyone wants to have the worst shower of their lives then stay here!
Hotel looked ok from the internet but do not be fooled...apart from the pleasant girl on reception the place is a dive...do not waste your money!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — The Shower
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
London, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2006

When booking my room, I asked for a non smoking room and that is exactly what I got. On arrival the staff were welcoming and the room was lovely. I even had a view of the Thames. The room and the bathroom were extremely clean and I had a comfortable stay at this hotel. and I would definitely stay there again.

Anon

• Liked — I got a non smoking room that I had requested
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed June 2006, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2006

I stayed here for a few weeks after moving to London for my new job. I found it very comfortable and relaxing here. The room and bathroom were very clean and the staff extremely helpful and friendly. It's in a nice location in the centre of Richmond close to the river, shops and restaurants. The breakfast is very good! Highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2006, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2006

I was actually looking for a hotel closer to Richmond University. I was greatly disappointed at first, when I realized I had booked the wrong hotel. After staying at the Richmond Park Hotel, I Realized that I am glad that I chose that hotel. Fate was on my son and my side. Graet people, friendly and warm reception. Nothing but total kindness and support from all.

Stayed April 2006
France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2006

I stayed at the Richmond Park hotel 2 weeks ago. I enjoyed my stay very much. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I was impressed by the cleanliness of the rooms. Also it was close to the town center and the train station. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2006
richmond
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2006

had a great stay at this hotel, rooms were very clean, and the staff were very helpful. one of the better hotels i have stayed in in the area.

• Stayed May 2006, traveled on business

Been to Richmond Park Hotel? Share your experiences!