“What a find!” 5 of 5 stars

020 8940 1806
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Amadora Italian Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romance, Large groups, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Amadora is a great little place that won in the 'Best Start Up' catagory in the Richmond Business Awards 2012. It is a quaint little grade 2 listed buidling.With Beautiful Italian food, home made by Italian chefs. Italian waiters to help you with your Italian speaking! With a tiny little stair case and charming old floor boards. Its a great place to entertain, to wine and dine, for a very romatic meal or just a quick bite to eat. Recently very popular for business clients to entertain and have group parties due to our upstairs seating.
“What a find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2014

Hidden in the quaint lanes of Richmond is this bijou gem of a restaurant, serving delicious Italian food. I went for a lovely dinner with a group of friends and we were all so pleased with our dishes. Amongst the favourites on the table were the Aubergine Parmigiana, Mussels (we all tried the tasty broth and would've licked the bowl if we could!), Rabbit Stew (a rarity on menus) and the Pannacotta (smooth and creamy and just the right amount of wobble!). We finished off our wonderful evening with some Limoncello, the perfect end to a fabulous Italian meal!

London, United Kingdom
“Lovely food, great character....and not a faceless corporate chain”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2014

This restaurant is such a refreshing antidote to the numerous chains which are plaguing our towns. A very creative menu with lots of unusual dishes (I haven't seen rabbit on a menu in quite a while) and there is something for everyone, my vegetarian friends were all happy with the choices. The food was absolutely delicious, the best meal I've had in ages, and all served by attentive, friendly staff . 'Quirky' sums up the decor and the atmosphere, this restaurant has a really comfortable, relaxed, friendly feeling. Perfect for a meal with friends or as a couple. I wiill definitely be back.

“what a treat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2014

I am so glad I discovered this fabulous little restaurant! My friends and I really needed a special night out after a very busy week and we were not disappointed. The food was perfect; interesting but not overwhelming choice, fresh, mouthwatering flavours, delicious sauces, light but filling. I'm so glad I had a starter because the aubergine dish was amazing. My only regret is that I was driving so I didn't get to try the wine which my friends said was really good (both red and white). Service was attentive but chilled (I hate in your face waiters!). All in all, a great night out and good value for money - can't wait to go back!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Kingston upon Thames, United Kingdom
“Best mussels I have eaten for ages...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2014

I went here last night with a group of friends. The restaurant is a quirky, hidden gem in Richmond. I started with the mussels which (to quote Craig Revel Horwood ) were A-MAZE-ING!! Every bit of the broth was scooped up! Next I had the rabbit. Tender meat, yum yum. Great service, good ambience and a nice touch with a free limoncello to finish. Will be returning with my husband.

London, United Kingdom
“It's not a chain......”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2014

I know this little place quiet well - have eaten there about a dozen times. Service can be patchy, I agree, but it's always warm and welcoming. Problems may crop up, with last-minute changes to the menu, etc., but we can all be flexible - what's the point of going to a small, slightly boho bistro if you want the every-dish-the-same 'chain' experience?
We've had, perhaps, two occasions when the food has been average. All the other times, it's been excellent.
I hope the owners and chef aren't discouraged by some of the criticism here. We'll certainly be back, and we'll bring more friends............

• Visited October 2014