“Lovely Location, great spa,” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Richmond Gate Hotel

You added Richmond Gate Hotel to your Saves list
Richmond Gate Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   152-158 Richmond Hill, Richmond-upon-Thames TW10 6RP, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Up to 10% OFF Room Rate
Welwyn Garden City, United Kingdom
“Lovely Location, great spa,”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

My family and I stayed here for 2 night in a suite. The room was lovely and the location is great, the use of the spa was wonderful but there was a few problems with the hotel. We had a problem with ants in the room and in my sons bed. There was also no blind in the bathroom opposite the shower that looked out onto the main road. (i noticed once in the shower) The breakfast (cooked) is poor and the service was very very slow. I had £100 taken as a held payment on arrival and this took 6 days to go back into my account. We was offered a stay again and we used the cottage that was on the grounds. I must say the cottage itself was very nice but some parts of the decor was run down and needed cleaning and replacing.some points breaching health and safety regulations. on this stay the breakfast service was again very slow. I was given a bill for a phone call that the staff had made from the cottage on check out. I think the Hotel is nice and in a great location but I do not think it lives u to its 4 *s. I have had emails letting me know the comments and complaint I had made them aware of have been dealt with but this did not take the problems away from my stay and the money I spent.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
AndrewLee191301, General Manager at Richmond Gate Hotel, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thank you for writing and review. As discussed with you the ants unfortunately were a “one off” issue and were dealt with immediately and the problem resolved. We did try to look after your family on both occasions and I have taken all of your comments on board and discussed with my team. All feedback is gratefully received.
Andrew Lee

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Wimborne Minster, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

We stayed just one night at this hotel. If the opportunity occurs again we will certainly return. The staff were most welcoming. We arrived quite late so were unable to make use of the great facilities that were on offer, such as the pool and fitness center. The bar is very pleasant and there are lots of areas where one can sit quietly. Up early and a quick stroll in Richmond Park. Room was good though I thought 'a little tired'.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for writing and review and I was pleased that you had an enjoyable stay. I will review your bedroom and ensure that the maintenance manager reviews this as I would hope that all rooms are maintained to a high standard.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

My husband and I stayed here on a Friday night. before we were meeting friends in Windsor the next day. We actualy booked it through Secret Escapes so we had a great deal on the room plus a £25 off voucher as we had recommended Secret Escapes to a friend. The hotel is lovely, although a long walk up Richmond Hill and situated right next to Richmond Park. When we checked in and got our room key we discovered that there were already people in the room - good job we only saw their suitcase and shoes on the floor as we went in or it could have been very embarassing! However the reception were extremely apologetic and offered us an upgrade.Needless to say the room was amazing! It had a four poster bed and the room was big enough to house a sofa and chairs - I think this would have been the equivalent of one of the executive rooms that are normally around £375 per night! My only concern about the hotel is that they take £50 off a credit card for 'incidentals'. If you don't use anything else the money is put back on the card but I still found this unnecessary, as I will still be charged by my card holder for a £50 transaction for nothing and I am not sure when that will get put back on my card. They already have card details from the room booking so I don't see why they have to take a £50 transaction.

Room Tip: Room 14 was amazing!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for writing a review and I was very pleased that you had an enjoyable stay. Please accept my sincere apologies that you were initially booked into an occupied room, but I am very pleased that this was dealt with efficiently and that we were also able to give you a complimentary upgrade to a junior suite. The pre-authorisation is purely to allow you credit facilities within the hotel to charge for food and beverage as an example – we normally ask for £50 per night. If you would prefer to pay cash as and when you order anything then that is fine, but it is purely to make the process easier for the guest. Whatever you do not use we then released on your departure. I hope that you will stay with us again in the near future.

sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

We only stayed a night here but it was a welcomed relief the bed was a lovely big queen size and extremely comfortable, the whole place was so clean and beautifully presented, the bathroom and shower really great too, and excellent fast service, very much appreciated for weary travellers, plus the wifi is really good a and strong even in the rooms and free everywhere in the hotel! This hotel is really well situated right next to the gorgeous Richmond Park, and within easy walking distance to the shopping centre and an excellent pub which we had dinner at (sorry cannot remember the name but it is a hop skip and jump down the road on the same side as this hotel!) there are some lovely walks also to the Thames and cafes along the way too! We would definitely be back here we really enjoyed our stay! The only negative would be breakfast is a bit exy at £16.50 per person we felt this was too steep so we ate elsewhere, but there are plenty of choices just down the road!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for writing a review and I was very pleased that you had an enjoyable stay and hope that you will stay with us again in the near future.

London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel in April with my partner and we were so happy and decided to have our honeymoon here. it is very close to Richmond park and all staff are very friendly and helpful. We had a very relaxing time there.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for writing a review and I was very pleased that you had an enjoyable stay and the team looked after you so well.

west sussex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Glad i chose the Richmond Gate hotel , it is in such a lovely setting right next to Richmond park and a lovely 15 minute walk into Richmond. Richmond railway station is about a 25 minute walk where you can catch the undergound or main line trains. The gym and swimming pool at the hotel are really good. We had breakfast at the hotel which was excellent, plenty of choice. i would recommend the Richmond Gate.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
AndrewLee191301, General Manager at Richmond Gate Hotel, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Thank you for writing a review and I am very pleased that you had an enjoyable stay and would recommend the hotel. Hopefully you will return again in the near future.

Kind regards

Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Proximity to Richmond Park, made this an excellent choice for accommodation. I cannot fault this friendly hotel. Courteous staff, good food, smart, clean and comfortable rooms. The majority of the wedding guests stayed here, including the bride and groom. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone weanting to stay in the Richmond area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
AndrewLee191301, General Manager at Richmond Gate Hotel, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear Roger,
Thank you for writing a review and I was pleased that you had an enjoyable stay and thank you for the recommendation.
Kind regards

Andrew Lee

Been to Richmond Gate Hotel? Share your experiences!