“Great stay in lovely hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Plas Maenan Country House
| Maenan, Llanrwst, Snowdonia National Park LL26 0YR, Wales   |
Ranked #1 of 8 Llanrwst B&B and Inns
stoke on trent
“Great stay in lovely hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed our recent stay at this beautiful hotel. We found our room, Chirk, very comfortable and well-appointed, with two pretty easy chairs and a lovely cosy bed. The ensuite was of a good size and the towels provided extremely thick and fluffy. Complimentary toiletries and tea and coffee making facilities as well as a plentiful supply of reading material made for a most enjoyable stay.The breakfast was very filling, with an excellent choice of cooked options ranging from eggs benedict to the traditional full English/Welsh breakfast. The staff were most welcoming and polite. I would recommend this hotel to anyone for a short break in beautiful surroundings.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Llandudno, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

My friends had visited before and raved about it, when we phoned to book the price had increased, but gosh is it worth it.

The surroundings are beautiful and spotlessly clean.
The afternoon tea consisted of, finger sandwiches, mini cream meringues,fresh scones with jam n cream, homemade, macaroons, shortbread, brownies and fruit cake.
All served on traditional tiered plates and washed down with a choice of tea or fresh coffee, we were offered a fresh pot, at no extra charge.
It was the kind of experience you expe t in a london hotel, but with a magnificent setting with awesome views over conwy valley. I cant wait to go back, with my afternoon tea loving sister
Worth every penny

Room Tip: Book ahead, and make sure you have the afternoon tea
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Conwy, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

On June 1st 2013 my daughter Sammy married Craig at PLAS MAENAN HOTEL LLANRWST. the hotel staff were amazing. Nothing was too much trouble. The staff made us very welcome they were so friendly and helpful. The setting was perfect, the food was lovely and the rooms were clean and spacious. All our wedding party commented on such a lovely hotel .i would certainly recommend PLAS MAENAN for weddings. We really enjoyed our day and I know my daughter and son in law had a wonderful wedding. I thank the proprietor and staff very much.

Room Tip: all rooms were lovely
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Abergele
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

We returned to The Plas Maenan Country House for Sunday lunch yesterday Sunday 2nd June. They were very busy yet the staff appeared not to be rushing there was time for everything. The harpist Dylan cernyw provided the soothing background music. My wife & I had Brocholi & Stilton soup for starters, my wife then had Salmon as her main Course & i had Beef, I also had thier home made Pavalova for dessert.
The meal was delicious. we then had coffee out on the veranda overlooking the beautiful Conwy valley

Conwy, Wales, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

What wonderful owners so very welcoming. Sunday lunch 3 courses of prawn cocktail (rarely on menus), smoked salmon, roast beef and lamb, pavlova and cheesecake. All excellent. Great views from the terrace. Why did we wait so long to visit?

North Wales, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

There was one minor fault with the shower in the room we were given, so we had to be moved to a different room. This was dealt with very quickly and professionally though!
The views are amazing from the venue, and the food is second to none. I stayed over as a couple, but attended a function in the evening with a 3 course dinner with friends.
The atmosphere was perfect for our party's theme, and the staff on hand in the evening were very professional and friendly.
The bed was very comfortable in our room, but one downside is that wifi signal is very patchy (the first room had nothing at all, and the second room was barely there at all).

Breakfast was great the next morning - we were offered a slightly later time because of the function the night before, and were still able to have the full choice of menu. (just a shame my favourite bit of the cooked breakfast was not available!) The staff member who dealt with us throughout are stay couldn't have been more helpful, he was a lovely guy :)
Carol and James are lovely too, and so friendly - I wish I could have given 5 stars all round, as it really is a brilliant place to go, just it was felt that the wifi quality should have been a lot better in a 5 star rated hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Island of Anglesey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I have been here twice now - both for a Charter lunch, and a Charter dinner - so lots of people for them to serve! The food has been excellent on both occasions and the service very impressive. I forgot to pay for a glass of wine last night and telephoned the hotel with abject apologies, they were so very nice about it and made me feel far less of a twmfat than I felt at the start of the phone call... Thank you Plas Maenan - you have restored my faith in human nature!

Room Tip: I didn't stay the night, so can't comment, but if th level of cleanliness, and the attention...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Plas Maenan Country House? Share your experiences!