“Outstanding!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Uphill Manor

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Weston super Mare
Uphill Manor
You added Uphill Manor to your Saves list
Uphill Road South, Weston super Mare BS23 4SD, England   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cardiff
“Outstanding!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

My wife and I decided last minute to drive to western super mare for the bank holiday, we walked around the town centre for two hours to find a place to stay as they were nearly all fully booked.
The only hotels that were available were dirty and unwelcoming and asking £80 per night, so we decided to drive further out of town in the hope that we would find better quality accommodation within a short taxi drive into the town centre.
We only got approx. one mile away and my wife noticed the Uphill Manor. We drove up the long drive to the reception of this magnificent manor and from the moment we rang the door bell to the moment we left (the following day) it was out of this world!!
In my job, I stay in many hotels around the country but I have NEVER been in a place that was so welcoming.
The land lady (Tina) made us tea as we settled in and she served it in the library where we could read all about the history of this manor while looking out to the fantastic gardens.
It was an instant chill out.
Our room was spotless and decorated in good taste with some personnel touches you don`t get any where else.
There is a well stocked bar and as for breakfast.......Well......The best I ever had with home cooked bread, free range eggs from their own chickens and a choice of fruit better than you get at waitrose!
Tina and Graig (her husband) were great and I will go back in the winter just to sample the wonderful fire places through out the manor and I would recommend this place to royalty.

Room Tip: All rooms will be good, but recommend you book as we were just lucky on the day
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Redditch, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Our first visit to this charming establishment but will not be the last. The owners were so welcoming nothing to much trouble for them, Breakfast the best I've had in a long time, beds to die for and loved the quirky bathroom with stairs to no where. The grounds are outstanding you could spend a few hours just walking around them. No need for hotels with b/b's like this . Perfect
place and cant wait to return

Room Tip: I would say all the rooms would be good
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Glos
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

We travel around quite a bit, and this is one of few places we re-visit, quiet and relaxed but just a short walk into town. I can only reiterate everything the previous reviews have said, it is really one of those places you want to keep a secret, but Tina and Craig are such excellent hosts, that would be selfish. Thank you both.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Having looked through a number of b and b accommodations in Weston Super Mare and getting depressed about the lack of any good quality places, this is an absolute find.
Outstanding renovated manor with friendly hosts. The grounds are astonishing and all rooms sympathetically restored and furnished. Breakfast was an absolute joy.
I cannot recommend highly enough.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

This has got to be the most delightful place I have ever stayed in. It oozes charm and character and maintains that friendly family feel where the owners are as charming as the place itself. Breakfast - perfect too. Only sorry I was there for just one night. This place is home from home in every sense.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Irthlingborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

We have just had a long weekend with our friends at Uphill Manor. Having sampled the surroundings in the Summer last year, we thought it would be lovely to go back in the Winter and visit the Bath Christmas market. Tina was on hand to welcome us with log fires blazing and tea and home made biscuits at the ready.Our rooms were superb, breakfast sublime (try the home made Granola) and nothing was too much trouble. Tina even sorted our train times to Bath and had a Taxi arrive to take us to the Station in good time. My only regret is that the weekend flew by and we were leaving all too soon. This is a real gem of a find and is about as perfect as you can get. Where else can you have the run of a beautiful country house and grounds run by such nice people?

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

This was my 4th visit to Uphill and it felt like returning to a friends home. Tina remembered me as soon as I walked in and made me feel very welcome. As always my bedroom was warm and cosy. I had to take home the shortbread as I had promised it to my daughter! I love the fact that there is fresh milk in the room for you to use, chocolates and fruit. At breakfast Craig was equally as welcoming and as always the food was yummy, especially the homemade bread, granola and vast selection of fruits. I travel around the country for my job and I can definitely say that Uphill is my favourite place to stay!!! I look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed November 2012

Been to Uphill Manor? Share your experiences!