“Lovely Host, very reasonably priced but beds well, we may as well slept on the floor!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Abingdon House

Abingdon House
You added Abingdon House to your Saves list
Abingdon House
2.0 of 5 Guest house   |   197 Locking Rd, Weston super Mare BS23 3HE, England   |
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Went here with an open mind due to the variable comments so far for this guest house. When we arrived (early), the Host was very welcoming, and allowed us to go straight to our rooms. There were 4 of us, sleeping in two rooms with 2 single beds in each. The rooms themselves were big enough, both had en suite facilities and were clean, so far so good. We went out for the night, returning for sleep around 1pm. Again no problems there, keys are given to you to come and go as you please basis. Now the beds !! Whilst absolutely no problems with cleanliness of the sheets and pillowcases, bedding down for the night was most definitely lacking. Personally, I could not get comfortable on the hard bed, tossing and turning all night no matter what I tried to get settled. The duvet was lovely and thick, and the pillows soft, it was just the mattress, it was SO HARD. I thought it was probably just me, but when speaking to the other 3 members of our group, all had the same comment, that the beds were very uncomfortable.
I cant say it spoilt our stay, but suffice to say, just due to the beds, we will not be staying here again, even at the very reasonable cost for the stay, sorry¬

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Gloucester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

I booked a twin room at the Abingdon for one night on a working trip. I was unsure what to expect at such reasonable prices and was very pleasantly surprised. The furniture is a bit dated but it was spotlessly clean. The bed was comfortable and my room had all the facilities I would want (kettle, en-suiite shower, TV, towels etc). The owner was very friendly and gave me such a warm welcome despite the fact that I arrived quite late. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Plymouth, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

Reading other reviews on here i must have had the worst room in the hotel The furniture was outdated and old and the first thing i had to do was get the sheets changed because they had urine stains on them .The glass on the sink was filthy and there was never anyone in the hotel to see even when i went home i had to leave the key on the door ledge because there was never anyone about so i would rather pay that bit extra and find another hotel next time i am around there

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
ravageagain, Owner at Abingdon House, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
I was not shocked to read this guests negative review as from the minute he stepped foot in the house, he wasn't happy. We are nothing but warm & welcoming to ALL of our guests & pride ourselves on the cleanliness of our guest house, in response to the "urine stained sheets" they are all actually BLUE TIE-DYED with not a stain in sight!! That said we changed the sheets regardless as we want all our guests to feel comfortable & happy in their room, as for the "dirty glass" they are plastic frosted tumblers used for storing toothbrush etc. My wife was really upset reading this review as it is very misleading, I urge people to read all the reviews before booking as we hold a current average rating of 4.3 out of 5 with many scoring us 5 out of 5. So we must be doing something right! We don't profess to be a 5* hotel as our prices of £18. clearly reflects, but I would also like to still think our guests are getting good value for money. I am all for constructive criticism, but comments like this couldn't be further from the truth.
I wouldn't normally comment on a review, because I think everybody is entitled to their own opinion, but I couldn't let this slide as it was so upsetting.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012 via mobile

I have worked away in Hampshire, Sussex, Dorset, Wales, Somerset, London, kent & Norfolk during the last 12 months & can honestly say that, for value for money, being made to feel welcome & great home cooked evening meals, I cannot speak highly enough of Abingdon House. Delia, is a an exceptional cook, full stop. I stayed there for 6 weeks & will stay there again if I ever work in the area. Thanks for having me.
Biscuit x

• Stayed February 2012
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

ive just checked out of the abingdon after a weeks stay and have already booked my room for my next two visits! great location as its a 10 minute walk to the beach and all the shops! such helpful and very friendly owners elaine and adge made sure my stay was as good as possible.would highly recommend to stay.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at this B&B for a week and enjoyed every moment of it. Elaine and Adge were very welcoming and friendly. The B&B was very clean and nice to stay in! The location was great, close to the pier and shops. We will be returning back there more often. I highly recommend it to everyone :-)

• Stayed October 2011
Bath, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2012

We stayed at the Abingdon in Weston last year and it was the warmest of welcomes, lovely fresh linen and rooms nicely decorated. The owners were really friendly and could not do enough to help us find the best places to go out and explore.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Abingdon House? Share your experiences!