“Decent, centrally located hotel - our room was stunning!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The York Hotel

You added The York Hotel to your Saves list
The York Hotel
3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   1 - 3 St Margarets Terrace, Weston super Mare BS23 1AH , England   |
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Decent, centrally located hotel - our room was stunning!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2011

We stayed at the York while visiting family in Weston. It looked as if it had been renovated fairly recently and all the communal areas were modern and elegant. It is right on the sea front, so easy to find and convenient. Because it is right in the centre, our room was a little noisy - but then we were facing the front and it was Saturday night!

On booking, I had asked for a room with a sea-view and was told that their best room was available for an extra charge.
This was room 102. It had a sea view, with a balcony, was MASSIVE, with a separate dressing room and bathroom, very tastefully done and clean. Just lovely. A minor point in terms of the room was the shower pressure, just not strong enough for us - but adequate.
The staff were pleasant and very helpful.
Breakfast was the only meal we had during our stay. This was included in the price and again adequate - but the portion sizes could have been bigger! Breakfast is taken in a room with lovely views of the front, and i would imagine this is where dinner is served too although we didnt ask.
You can park at the next door hotel was an extra £8 per 24hrs, but we found somewhere close on a road nearby which isnt hard.

A pleasant stay - with our room being a lovely highlight.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2010

We stayed at The York Hotel on the 5 day National Holiday Christmas Special. The hotel is in a superb location being on the sea front and close to the town centre. Apart from a few decorations it totally lacked Christmas atmosphere. The quality of the food was good but very poorly cooked, never hot and served badly. The staff needs to learn the basic skills in how to serve at tables. We were in room 205 on the second floor which urgently needs refurbishment. On arrival Linda, the manageress, said if anyone had any complaints to tell her and not leave it until leaving so having no hot water on our first morning we reported it but this fell on deaf ears and on the morning of departure we still had no hot water except for that which we had to boil in the kettle.

• Stayed December 2010
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2010

Stayed just one night this weekend as we were attending a '70's' party on Saturday night.
We had a lovely room overlooking the new Grand Pier, thought it might be cold in the room being December but it was so lovely and warm, even had to open the window a bit. Very clean, all white bedding and sheets, Fabulous breakfast and friendly staff. All in all, very nice Hotel.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2010

Stayed for one night in a single room, next morning i tried to have a shower, the shower head was 75% blocked, and when i tried to adjust the temperature just the smallest of dial movement ment the water was either scolding hot or freezing!!
I reported this to the staff, and was told by the lady in charge "we had a customer in that room last week who did not complain, i can't get a plumber until monday and they could not offer me an alternative shower because all the other rooms were booked"
I think this is very poor service and will never stay at this place again

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2010

Stayed at The York Hotel for 4 nights with National Holidays. We were very impressed with our sea-view room as it was really big with a flat screen tv, toiletries,tea/coffee facilities. All the staff that we had contact with were excellent and attentive, nothing was too much bother. We would definitely stay there again, perhaps next year, when the pier and the work outside the pier is completed. The one downside was the bright lights on the outside of the hotel, which shone directly onto our room, we felt should have been turned off by midnight at the latest.

Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2010

WE have just recently returned from 5 days holiday at The York Hotel. On arrival we were welcomed very well and given a choice of tea or coffee with biscuits very nice touch. We had a front facing room which was great, a very comfy bed lovely leather sofa and a flat screen tv directly infront of the bed, very relaxing. The bath room was very large and a nice dressing area. All was very clean . the restaurant and bar very very inviting,the food was very good with a good choice at all meals. The staff very freindly nothing was a problem would recommend this hotel and will visit again great value for money.

Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2010

I fully enjoyed my stay at The York hotel I was well greeted even though I travel to the hotel myself and not with the National Holidays coach we were early but not a problem at all.
Was given an enormous beautifully decorated front facing room, very clean and just gave such a wow factor when walked in the room.
Loved the wooden blind touch as apose to curtains the bed was presented well clean and exteremly comfy and with the flat screen telly on the wall just brilliant when relaxing in bed.
Very spacious and light bathroom and clean just made my holiday when it was very windy and miserable outside.
Had a great view of the pier and so close to all amenities my only problem was parking my car but that is no fault of the hotel and did help me find somewhere that didn't cost me £8 a day like the manager was paying.
The staff really pleasant and very helpful was very accomodating for a fussy eater when it comes to custard I didn't even have to ask just wrote it on my menu sheet and it was ready for me didn't expect it and wasn't going to make a fuss and wasn't even an issue.
Same whe I ticked wrong box and with the confusion got the soup I wanted without a single grimace.
For a group sitting the meals were great had plenty to eat and was served efficently and tasted fabulous very fresh and tasty .
Evening entertainment was entertaining not my thing but everyone looked like they were having a ball the bar prices were great for a hotel didn't notice they difference to home to be honest and sitting in the lounge with my western friends felt very welcoming and decore looks very modern and fresh and says alot to me when they are as welcoming to the locals as they are to their guest.
I know I've wrote alot but this hotel and its lovely staff really made my holiday and should feel very proud and can't wait to come again thank you very much Tina and good look with the changes I can't wait to see them next year :)

• Stayed September 2010

Been to The York Hotel? Share your experiences!