“Superb superb - First Class Everything” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Denton Hall Farmhouse

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Brampton
Denton Hall Farmhouse
You added Denton Hall Farmhouse to your Saves list
Low Row, Brampton CA8 2JA, England   |
Ranked #3 of 24 Brampton B&B and Inns
Wilmslow
“Superb superb - First Class Everything”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

This is a first class establishment of the highest order. Nothing is too much trouble. Our welcome was warm and the place was like home.. only better!. Carol and John made us very welcome and my daughter who was only one was absolutely fascinated by the horses and Muffin the dog... so much so Olivia agreed to take my wife and daughter for a ride on one of the horses. This just summed up the few days we were there. We will be back for sure, most probably during the winter when hopefully there will be snow.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
CaroleA139, Owner at Denton Hall Farmhouse, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear Iman,

Thank you very much for your glowing review. It was really nice to meet all three generations of your family during your visit and we are looking forward to renewing our acquaintance when the snow arrives. It might be sooner than you think!

Kind regards,

Carole

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We would give Denton Hall a 10+ if it were possible. We stayed at in the Tower Room on our first night in Scotland, and the standard was set for all other B&B’s. We were greeted warmly with tea and home-baked goodies and Carol allowed us to tag along as she put the horses to bed for the night. The room was luxurious, very clean, and has a castle feel with thick walls and beveled windows. And breakfast! We had a fruit platter with a wide variety of fresh fruit and a delicious cooked breakfast. We enjoyed a morning ramble around the farm, visiting with the sheep and horses. Denton Hall is a wonderful place to stay.

Room Tip: The Tower Room is amazing! Quiet, historic, romantic... the best!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
CaroleA139, Owner at Denton Hall Farmhouse, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Thank you very much for your lovely review Tim. It was great to see your interest in our horses, etc - just sorry that Jemima (the pet sheep) had already had her fill of human company for the day.

I'm really pleased that you were able to relax in the morning and have a nice walk around our little patch. Enjoyed seeing the great photos on both TA and FB! Might pinch some from you :)

Kind regards to you both,

Dunstable
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

We were travelling to Scotland and used Denton Hall as a stop off but immediately wished we had stayed for the week! The welcome was amazing and it was lovely to sit with Hazel (the reviewer below I think!) and Carol over a welcome tea and cakes. Nothing was too much trouble for Carol and Olivia and we and our dog were spoiled rotten - the most amazing breakfast for us and several goes on the horse jumps for the dog! As other reviewers have said, the Tower Room is beautiful and as dog owners, we felt especially spoiled as so very often, a four legged friend means a substandard room - not so at Denton Hall. We are already planning our return!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
CaroleA139, Owner at Denton Hall Farmhouse, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your overnight stay and am delighted that all three of you are planning a return visit.

Like the rest of the family, I get a lot of pleasure and satisfaction from welcoming guests and making sure they are as comfortable as they possibly can be. It's great to have confirmation that we have succeeded. Thank you.
England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Visit no 2 for me, to Denton Hall Farmhouse, this time I stayed in the Reiver Room, because I was travelling solo. I stayed for 5 nights, as I was attending a four day course up at Maddy Prior's Stones Barn.

Once again I had an incredible welcome from Carole, who not only remembered me, but greeted me like an old friend; once she'd shown me to my room, we had tea and chocolate nibbles (high quality brownies, and millionaire shortbread squares this time) in the guest lounge, and caught up on all the news in our families since my last visit.

The Reiver Room is on the North side of the house, facing over the courtyard, stables and the disputed lands of the Border. The view was highly interesting, at the time there were house martins (?) nesting in the roof of the stable block on the left (looking out of the window), and their aerial acrobatics kept me entertained for quite a while in the time between the end of the course day, and going out for dinner in the evening. The room is spacious, with a double bed, small table, bedside tables with drawers and a large shower room, which houses a power shower, WC and wash basin/mirror. The shower is a wonderful deluge of water, and quite invigorating - it is not an electric shower which heats the water, so as a tip, I advise pointing it at the floor and letting it warm up first, otherwise it can be a bit of a shock! The wall to the back of the bed is the original exterior stone wall of the tower, which gives the room a lot of character.

Once again the whole house was spotlessly clean, I don't know how Carole does it, with horses and Muffin (and at the time I stayed, a guest dog too, being looked after for a friend), no mud or animal hair in sight, even with light coloured carpets. The bedroom carpet is a very pale colour, and was also spotless. The whole room positively gleamed.

The wifi was fully operational for the whole of my visit, and my little netbook remembered the key, so my internet addiction was happily kept fulfilled, and there was no interruption to my ability to send and receive emails. There appeared to be no issue with bandwidth either, as I checked out one of my coursemates' band on YouTube.

The little touches put this B&B well above the rest in quality, the selection of tea, Fair Trade coffee and biscuits was quite exceptional (Earl Grey tea bags, as well as a small kilner jar of Yorkshire tea bags, Cadbury's chocolate fingers, and other small bags of biscuits, such as mini Jammie Dodgers), and Carole provided fresh milk every evening, in a cool bag with mineral water and an ice pack. There is a fridge in the guest lounge for guests to put items that need to be kept cool, so I put my milk in there after use, along with the odd sandwich and yoghurt I picked up in Brampton. There were fresh flowers in a small vase in the window, which were replaced after a couple of days, before they could wilt and be less than perfect.

Breakfast again is something that should not be hurried and given due appreciation, with Carole exhibiting her artistic talents in the arrangements of prepared fresh fruit to start, warmed croissants, selection of cereals and yoghurts, then a cooked breakfast, all washed down with lashings of newly made cafetiere real coffee. Toast was not just a choice of brown or white, but a choice of brown, white, soda bread, and a lovely bread with nuts and seeds that I've forgotten the name of. Breakfast at Denton Hall is definitely a meal to set one up for the day, I was rarely very hungry by the time lunchtime came around.

Again there was no issue with coming back late, or coming back in the afternoon to head out again later for dinner, I arrived back after the Saturday night banquet at the barn at around 12, in pouring rain, and the other nights around 11pm.

This B&B is unequalled in the quality of service, and character of the property, I'm looking forward to going back in September.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Hazel, Thank you so much for such an amazing review!

Our chats were those of old chums, touching on some difficult subjects and I did wonder if you might think twice about coming back - again. It's good to share both highs and lows in life.

So pleased that you are returning so soon and for another extended stay. I wonder how many friendships have been made on the back of the wonderful Maddy Prior and her music workshops.

See you soon. x
United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

I stayed here with my father and his friend as they were cycling to John o'Groats so a comfortable place to stay was a must. I shouldn't have worried as we were greeted by Carol and her daughter as if we were old friends! They simply couldn't do enough for us!

The rooms were AMAZING and it truly was a home away from home. It never once felt like a stuffy old guesthouse; it genuinely felt like I was staying with friends.

The house overlooks the Cumbrian countryside and I slept soundly as it was so quiet! Breakfast in the morning was delicious with a massive choice and locally sourced food too. I can vouch for this as Olivia (Carol's daughter) took me with her to get some eggs from the local farmer as I needed to head out too.

The house is well placed for day trips to the Lakes and exploring the local area.

I cannot recommend this place enough! I am desperate to go back!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
CaroleA139, Owner at Denton Hall Farmhouse, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Thank you very much for writing this lovely review. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed your short stay with us so much - it was a shame that you weren't able to linger longer but the cyclists needed your support ;)

You were all great company and I too look forward to seeing you again soon. Until then, take care. Kind regards,

Barlborough, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

My family and I stayed at Denton Hall for two nights and without a doubt we were spoilt from the moment we arrived! Carole couldn't do enough for us and her and Olivia (her daughter) were absolutely brilliant with our children.
Their home is beautiful, and our room was immaculate and very tastefully decorated. If ever you get a chance to stay here then I would definitely recommend it. Without question we will all be going back at the first opportunity!
Unsurpassable hospitality and beautiful surroundings....10/10
X

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
CaroleA139, Owner at Denton Hall Farmhouse, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear Vickie,

Thank you very much for your lovely complimentary review. It was very kind of you to take the time - I know how busy you must be.

Olivia and I had a great time with your children - I'm sure it was obvious how much fun we were having too!

Both you and Richard were so easy to please and look after. We would love to see you again, but until then, take care.
Beverley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

From the moment you arrive you are assured a very warm welcome from Carole, husband John and daughter Olivia. Nothing is too much trouble, starting with tea & biscuits on arrival. The rooms are very comfortable and spotlessly clean, with tea trays and treats. If available ask for the Tower Room which is an extra special treat! The breakfasts are genuinely comparable to a 5* hotel with choice of fresh fruits & cereals and a wonderful cooked breakfast. We had an outstanding weekend - we cannot recommend Denton Hall highly enough.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
CaroleA139, Owner at Denton Hall Farmhouse, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
I was so pleased to see your review and read your lovely compliments, thank you. As you know, we really enjoyed having the house full of guests who were congregating for a family party in the area. Your banter and happiness at meeting up with each other gave Denton Hall a party atmosphere too.

I particularly enjoyed our chats and would be delighted to keep in contact with you. Thanks again for taking the time to submit such a nice review.

All the best,

Carole

Been to Denton Hall Farmhouse? Share your experiences!