“Evening meal” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Thirsk, United Kingdom
“Evening meal”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2014

May have been just me as Indians vary so much, I had no complaints but the good just didn't ring my bell, my college thought it was very good though. Restaurant was very nice and it was good value, I probably would try it again.

Visited December 2014

Macclesfield, United Kingdom
“Poor Service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2014

We visited the Viceroy on the Saturday evening of the 18/18/14. This is the first time we have visited the restaurant for a number of months. We were sat down in the reception, and it was a good ten minutes before somebody came over to see us. He took our drinks and meal order together, and then led us to the table, after a while the not so fresh poppodums arrived, they were not as, crispy as the should have been, they must have been made earlier in the day. After a further ten minutes the drinks arrived. We have no complaints about the main meal. The service was very poor compared to a few months ago, when we last visited the restaurant, and It will be quite a few months, if not years, before we visit the place again.

• Visited October 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Let down”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2014

Visited this restaurant Sunday night with six of us. We ordered different dishes but they all tasted the same . The nan were cold, glasses were greasy and the service was terrible. So therefore we would never again be visiting this restaurant . We voiced our concerns to them but no one came to apologise. I feel sorry for the locals as they don't have much choice in this beautiful village.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“My vegetarian son said it was one of the tastiest meals he has ever had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

We normally go to Italian or Mexican restaurants for meals but thought we would try something different for once. A friend who is particular about curries recommended The Viceroy. Being very infrequent visitors to Indian restaurants we enjoyed looking at the wide selection of dishes on the menu and found it hard to narrow down to choices, however they were well described, and we were all delighted with our choices. We had some cooling side dishes and rice. My vegetarian son had vegetable tandoori and declared it one of the best meals he'd ever had. (Frequently in restaurants his choice is very limited and he was delighted to find something so good and tasty). My other son wanted something 'hot' and chose chili chicken paneer which fulfilled his expectations and he really enjoyed it - we all tried some and agreed it was definitely tangy - and very flavoursome. I had Chat Mosalla with chicken which was very tasty and the chickpeas and cashew nuts added nice texture, and my husband had Kasuri chicken, which was quite sweet and creamy. There were warming plates on the table to keep the dishes from going cold whilst we ate what was on our plates, the restaurant decor is very nice, elegant, relaxing. The dining room was not full but quite busy, and when we left the waiting area including where people wait for take aways was full up - obviously a very popular place. The staff are very friendly and helpful, we will definitely go again and recommend it to anybody who asks.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
England
“Excellent food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

The food here is very tasty, very reasonable and the staff are friendly. The restaurant appears to have a nice atomsphere and nothing is too much trouble for the staff. I would recommend the Viceroy to anyone who likes indian food. One thing that I noted however, is that compared to other indian restaurants (and depending on what dish you have), the level of spice is slightly hotter than others...VERY tasty food!
Enjoy!