“Terrible service and terrible food!! Even made me sign up to tripadvisor!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Blacksmith's Arms

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Terrible service and terrible food!! Even made me sign up to tripadvisor!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

When we arrived I thought it was a beautiful pub and just what I love when it comes to pub interiors however,this is where it ends. It took over 30 mins to be asked if we wanted a drink. When we ordered it, it took another 20 mins to come. We then waited and waited for our orders to be taken ( I'd like to add that the pub was pretty empty). After over 10 mins (1 hour in total) our order was finally taken, but only because we went up to the waitress and asked her to come over which again she took 5 mins to do. Why did we bother!!!
The food was terrible! I've never eaten such awful food in my whole life and I mean that! It looked like my dish had been zapped in the microwave. The cheese sauce was hardly a sauce as most of the cheese that was obviously supposed to make the sauce was still raw and in lumps on the plate. The pasta was rock hard and stuck together as they'd obviously not cooked it properly!! My sisters was just as bad.

I've never written on tripadvisor and there's been so many times I've wanted to, but this place I felt so annoyed and disappointed at that I just had to on this occasion. Oh and to top it off the lady we paid our bill to behind the bar couldn't of looked more miserable and made us feel like we was really inconveniencing her by being there! Didn't even say thank you! Argghhhhhhh!

• 1 of 5 stars Food
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at Blacksmith's Arms, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Dear Claire R, thank you for your recent feedback on Trip Advisor. Your comments were a concern to hear and I would like to investigate your visit further with the Management Team of the pub. I have sent you a direct message to discuss this further and look forward to hearing from you soon. Kind Regards, Chef & Brewer

Albir
“Lovely Pub but the most terrible food EVER!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

What a shame. Myself, my partner and brother and sister in law visited last Tuesday lunch time. I ordered the roast beef and horseradish sandwich. It was appalling. The beef was as hard or harder than shoe leather! It was impossible to eat! I had jaw ache! My brother ordered the chicken and bacon sandwich and was served the most meagre slice of chicken ever witnessed. My sister in law ordered the fish and chips and the batter was so hard she could not eat it! My partner ordered a hamburger which was passed as OK!
The service was slow however the server was very nice. I can honestly say that in all of my life this was the worst food ever. I brought home the beef for the dog and she would not even eat it. Charcoal!!!! Never again.

• 1 of 5 stars Food
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at Blacksmith's Arms, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear Albirboy

Thank for taking the time to provide us with your review.

I would like to apologise that we failed to meet your expectations at the Blacksmiths Arms in regards to the service you received. I can confirm that I have passed on your concerns to the management team who would like to investigate your feedback. We have sent you a direct message to discuss this further.

Kind regards

Alderley Edge, United Kingdom
“Visit after refurb”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

Recently visited the Blacksmiths after the "refurb" shame they did not fix the radiator in the conservatory it was so cold we had to move tables after 5 minutes of seating. When we mentioned it to the waitress she said it had never worked anyway. Very slow service. Ordered 3 main course including one special sea bass. After over 20 minutes I was informed I could not have the special sea bass as the chef had bring the semolina! But I could have the ordinary menu sea bass.
The fishpie was so fresh out of the microwave it was steaming but very mediocre. The sea bass was acceptable but nothing special. The overall menu is too highly priced for the food offered and service lacking. In the light of other much better gastro pubs in the area they have some stiff competition to contend with. This was reflected by the low level of custom..

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dear SueB510

Thank for taking the time to provide us with your review.

Kind regards

Oldham, United Kingdom
“house.keeping”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

my.wife.and,i.are.very.disapointed..pub.in.such.a.nice.location.but.food.very.poor.also.house.keeping.low.standard

Dear eileen528791

Thank you for providing us with your review

I can confirm that I have passed on your comments about your visit to the management team and to the Area Manager of the Blacksmiths Arms who would like to thank you for your feedback and to let you know that they have taken your feedback on board and passed it to the relevant teams.

We do hope to see you soon in the Blacksmiths Arms soon.

Kind regards,

Derby
“Friendly Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

Stopped for lunch as passing through the area. Had Scampi and chips although there was an extensive menu. Good mix of diners, and service was very efficient and friendly.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere