“A lot better than expected!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Manchester, United Kingdom
“A lot better than expected!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Had the carvery, it was gorgeous. fantastic choices of meats etc, all the trimmings! Really hot, freshly replaced all the time!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great prices but don't expect to get served!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

I have had 4 bad experiences in the Legh Arms. The service is terrible. It's a shame as they have a good menu and good prices, but they never have enough staff to provide a good service. Last time I ventured in I was sure the experience would be better than the previous occasions. We were shown to a table immediately and ordered our drinks. 20 mins later no drinks and no menu. My husband went to the bar to ask about our drinks and received an apology and told they would bring the drinks over. 15 mins later no drinks and no menu at which time we decided to leave. On previous occasions my daughter received an undercooked chicken burger after waiting 30 mins. On another occasion we waited over 30 mins for our sweet and decided to leave. On each occasion I decided to give them the benefit of the doubt. My mistake! I won't be visiting again.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
UK
“Enjoyable Lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Visited for lunch on Sunday. Very busy place and restaurant full, so opted to eat outside as it was just about warm enough. Will book in future as we enjoy coming here. The menu changes and the choice is good, not limiting to Sunday Lunch which suits us. The carvery looks really good and seems to be very popular. Although busy the food came quickly and was very good. The decor is modern and welcoming and the outdoor seating is good too, just need the weather to go with it.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Faboulous food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

We visited the legh arms yesterday for a meal and the food is delicious I had carvery and my husband had gammon my waiter was lovely and smiley and polite excellent fabulous experience would definately recommend!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Visited the Legh Arms for a colleague's birthday and a spot of lunch. We waited for ages at the bar to be served, ordered food and then waited. And waited. And waited. I went up to the bar to point out we were on a break from work and needed to get back before close of business. Huffy barman went off to chase up the order and then reluctantly reappeared with some of our meals. I ordered the fish finger sandwich on malted bread. What arrived was translucent slabs of undercooked fish wrapped in batter with the consistency of play dough slapped between slices of dry brown bread, and a bowl of partly cooked frozen chips. We then waited for an age for condiments to be brought over - one by one. Two of my colleagues ordered the enticing sounding "carvery stack" and were served with a rubbery slice of meat on dry bread! How is that a stack?!? Very poor. Won't eat there again.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere