“Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Visited the Legh Arms for a colleague's birthday and a spot of lunch. We waited for ages at the bar to be served, ordered food and then waited. And waited. And waited. I went up to the bar to point out we were on a break from work and needed to get back before close of business. Huffy barman went off to chase up the order and then reluctantly reappeared with some of our meals. I ordered the fish finger sandwich on malted bread. What arrived was translucent slabs of undercooked fish wrapped in batter with the consistency of play dough slapped between slices of dry brown bread, and a bowl of partly cooked frozen chips. We then waited for an age for condiments to be brought over - one by one. Two of my colleagues ordered the enticing sounding "carvery stack" and were served with a rubbery slice of meat on dry bread! How is that a stack?!? Very poor. Won't eat there again.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Congleton, United Kingdom
“Bank holiday Monday”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

My sister brother in law hubby and I went on bank holiday Monday evening after a great day in Lyme park. The food was excellent wine yummy. Only one little niggle we all thought our waitress was a little officious and should really not call all customers guys!!!! As this really is a pet hate of mine.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Manchester
“A bank holiday mistake....”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

This place is a mid point between me and my parents so we have met her for food before (Cavery) and had a really good experience.

Seeing the sunshine on May bank holiday Monday, we decided to meet up for some lunch but left feeling quite frustrated about how bad the experience was.

I cannot fault our waitress at all - when she took our order, she informed us that there would be a 20 minute wait on food. This was no problem at all and it what we expencted anyway so a pub / restaurant. After 25 minutes, we were informed by the waitress that the kitchen had lost our order so that wait would be longer than expected. This was a little frustrating but at least they came to tell us.... After 55 minutes our food finally came - well at least mine and my Dad's meals came.... my Mum waited a further 7 minutes for hers.

The food quality was fine for the most part but it was the finishing touches like having to then wait a further 10 minutes for gravy, vinegar, sauces etc to be bought to the table which ruined the meal. I ordered a toasted club sandwich was arrived burnt - to the point that I was not able to eat it.

It was a really disappointing visit given that we'd had such a good experience previously. Given how slow the service was we decided to pay and leave immediately and go else where for coffee and dessert.

I can't fault the staff, as the service wasn't there fault and they were apologetic but I did think a comment "It is bank holiday after all" was slightly inappropriate.

More staff needed I think for future bank holidays so that more customers aren't left feeling frustrated.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

After visiting the legh arms for the third time I was pleasantly surprised by the improved food and friendly carvery chef ,food was hot and fresh wood return again.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

Fabulous food, service, drinks, produce definately return the staff were so helpful food was delicious fantastic visit definately return and recommend it, the whole visit was superb!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere