“Very nice atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hollin Hall Hotel

Save Saved
You added Hollin Hall Hotel to your Saves list
Hollin Hall Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jackson Lane | Kerridge, Macclesfield SK10 5BG, England   |
Ranked #5 of 6 hotels in Macclesfield
Solihull, United Kingdom
“Very nice atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

We had a lovely December stay while doing some walking in the Peak District. The hotel is ideally situated, just a few minutes drive from some wonderful walking country.

The downstairs of the hotel is outstanding. It's worth a visit just to enjoy the dining room, drawing room and grand entrance hall. Our room was much plainer, but comfortable.

The evening meal was excellent though might be a bit pricey for some. There weren't any obvious eating places nearby and so we chose to splash out and stay in! The dining room was all candle-lit and there was a nice atmosphere.

We found the hotel staff very young but incredibly helpful and courteous.

There was a wedding going on while we were there and I must say it looked a terrific wedding venue.

Overall, we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Lee H, Manager at Hollin Hall Hotel, responded to this review, December 21, 2013
Dear Skifansolihull

Thank you for your kind review following your recent stay at Hollin Hall Hotel. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope I get the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hotel in the future.

734 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

We stayed overnight following attending my husbands Christmas works party held at the hotel. The food at the event was wonderful and the waiting on staff were very efficient and polite. The room we stayed in was comfortable but the corridors around the hotel felt dated. The breakfast the next morning was appalling! The coffee and tea were made and left standing in plastic jugs, the toast was self service, and the toasters were dirty. and the hot cooked food was left standing under lamps not covered up which resulted in dry and inedible food! Shame.. its a lovely hotel and beautiful setting but breakfast was simply awful.. we were going to feed this back to reception but when we checked out we were not even asked if we had a nice stay - we felt the receptionist as polite as she was - was simply there to process the payment - no customer service at all! This probably does not come as a hotel of that standard would be aware of the substandard breakfasts being served - suggest management do a check!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Lee H, Manager at Hollin Hall Hotel, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Dear Cjtudor

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Hollin Hall Hotel.

I am disappointed to learn that everything was not to your satisfaction during your recent stay. We appreciate the comments you have made, as such feedback enables us to accurately monitor that standards and quality are maintained and helps us identify areas for improvement, your review will be shared with the team here at the hotel. I am confident that we can resolve the issues you raised and make improvements for the future.

Once again, thank you for your comments and if I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me

Bacup, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

Myself and my new husband got married at Hollin hall on Saturday 14th December and had a perfect wedding everything went to plan there isn't a bad thing we can say about the whole time we were there
I stayed over on the Friday night and the lady on reception was brill we had a little problem with the room my mum and daughter were sleeping in ( the put up bed hadn't been put in ) she fixed this straight away and also helped with moving so thing for the wedding in to the hotel.
On the day of the wedding from start to finish the staff were friendly and very helpful, the food was fantastic everyone had a great time
A special thank you has to go to Stacey from the day we booked the wedding she has been on hand to help us anyway she could and was on hand Saturday if we needed anything also made the room look fab we really couldn't have been happier with how the day went

• Stayed December 2013
Dear Linda

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay and wedding celebration at Hollin Hall Hotel. I am delighted to hear you had a fantastic time with us.

Thank you for your comments they will be shared with the team.

Solihull, West Midlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

Groupon - 2 night B&B and dinner first night. Great first impressions, nice looking hotel, friendly reception staff. Bar is a mess and furniture needs re-covering/changing. Arrived in afternoon, bar empty but full of dirty glasses which staff added to whilst we were there. Mix up with the room so initially given a standard room (extremely basic) but then transferred to a superior room - a bit small but perfectly fine and infinitely better than the standard. Evening meal was awful, chose to pay extra for the King Prawns and Mushrooms in garlic sauce - played hunt the prawn with my husband - he found 3 I had 2 and they were definitely not king prawns - should have been called Mushrooms in Garlic Sauce with a prawn garnish! Fortunately we were not charged the supplement. Main meal we chose the Turkey dinner - awful! At breakfast we played hunt the clean dish, plate and cups - they need a new dishwasher (or at least to sack the old one!). Breakfast was ok but put off by the scrambled egg which had green (mould?) running through it - but they were happy enough to do a fried egg. It is a lovely looking hotel and the dining rom is particularly pretty which is why I gave it a 3 - but housekeeping (other than bedrooms which was very good) definitely needs a shake up and they need to try eating their own food once in a while to test it. Would I recommend it - probably not which is a shame. There were a couple of weddings on whilst we were there and these did tend to monopolise everything but I guess this is how they have to make money.

Room Tip: Go for a superior or ask to see the room first.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear CarefullShopper

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Hollin Hall Hotel.

Preston, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

We loved our weekend break at Hollin Hall Hotel. I wouldn't recommend going if you want all mod-cons and a corporate vibe. If however, you want to stay in a beautiful old building full of original and period charm, this could just be the place for you. From the moment we checked in, nothing was too much trouble. All of the staff we encountered during our stay were friendly, polite and attentive. Special mention has to go to Anna the Receptionist who was so kind and helpful, in particular in walking me through a very crowded Christmas party so I could use the lift due to my disability and also ensuring that the wedding party who were using the room the next day were also aware of my situation so I didn't feel as though I was intruding on their important day. We stayed with friends on a 2-night Travelzoo deal which included a cream tea and 3 course evening meal on the first night. As my friend and I were having treatments in The Mulberry Room, Anna arranged for us to have the cream tea on Saturday afternoon instead. The meal on the first night in the restaurant was delicious, nice food, served in a pleasant and professional manner. I also wanted to mention Joe who was our waiter for the cream tea, still at school and quite new to the world of hospitality, he was an absolute delight and a highlight of our stay. Sure the hotel could have been a little cleaner in some places but, it's an old building in the middle of the countryside, and I for one was enamoured by it's charm and beauty. Would I stay again? Absolutely.

Room Tip: Stay in the annexe if there is a party or wedding booked for the same dates as you as it is much qui...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mrs_R_1972

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Hollin Hall Hotel. I encourage regular feedback from our customers as it helps us to continually improve our product and service. Thank you for your comments and they will be shared with the team, I will be delighted to pass on your kind words to both Anna and Joe who continually work very hard for us.

I hope i get the opportunity to welcome you back to Hollin Hall Hotel in the future

Manchester, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

My sister and I have just returned from a 2 night stay at Hollin Hall and have to say we thoroughly enjoyed it. We were there for a friends wedding and the food was excellent, the staff were polite and friendly and, although the room may have needed a little TLC we were quite comfortable. Our room was clean and tidy. We would gladly stay again if we were in the area and would reccommend it to our friends.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Dear ElaineF

Manchester, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

after staying at the hollin hall hotel for a friends wedding on the weekend of December 14 2013 i am writing this review to say we had a thoroughly enjoyable time the hotel is adequate if a little dated its clean though the staff are helpful & pleasant & the food is lovely also it was quiet enough at night on the whole a good hotel to stay in don't know why there are a lot of negative reviews about this hotel

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Dear LynneF

Thank you for your kind review following your recent stay at Hollin Hall Hotel. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and the wedding you attended. I hope I get the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hotel in the future.

Operations Manager

Been to Hollin Hall Hotel? Share your experiences!