“Invest in nicer Coffee Cups” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian, International, British
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Invest in nicer Coffee Cups”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Went to the cafe whilst visiting the shop, a coffee was ordered which arrived in a ridiculously small cup for the price of the coffee that was paid, resembled that of the poor quality cups you find in cheap hotel suites. Investing in nicer and larger cups would be a great idea. Secondly, the price of the cake is absolutely extortionate, almost £5 for a single slice, no wonder the price isn't clearly displayed anywhere. Sadly, the cake wasn't even nice enough to warrant the price, we had coffee & walnut and Malteser cake, the latter of which was far too sickly and couldn't be finished. Now, I'm not one to be picky but this was ridiculous, 2 hot drinks and 2 slices of average cake came to over £14. And to top it off, our table was covered in crumbs and the cake took so long to arrive that the thimble-esque drinks had already been drank. We will not be visiting again, incredibly disappointed.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Nick B, Owner at Cafe Bar Arighi at Arighi Bianchi, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear Mr Tate

I was very sorry to read your review of your recent experience at Cafe bar Arighi.

As a family business, It is always most disappointing for us to read negative comments, as we do work very hard to provide excellent customer service and hopefully offer value for money.

I'm sorry that it wasn't brought to your attention by the waitress that we do offer multiple complimentary top-ups of our filter coffee, and that it is also possible to order half portions of our home made cakes.

Regarding the crumbs on the table, there is no excuse for this and the team in the cafe bar have been notified. I can only apologise for this. CoincidentalIy, an order for new style of cups was ordered 4 weeks ago from a local firm in the Potteries and they will be arriving very shortly.

I would welcome the opportunity to discuss this with you in person at a time of your convenience. Tel: 01625 613333 / rec@arighibianchi.co.uk

I look forward to hearing from you.

Nantwich, United Kingdom
“Sofa shopping lunch break”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We love Arighi Bianchi for it's quirky layout and fab furniture but it has a little secret... Nestling at the very top of the building is a fab cafe bar... As you'd expect it's chic and stylish but it does so much more than serve coffee to weary shoppers! Lunch on Sunday was Crostini for my better half and a home made pork and brie burger (daily special) for me... The crostini was fresh, very tasty and pretty garlic laden (a good thing in my book but could be an issue for some) the burger was something very special indeed (never had anything quite like it to be honest). My burger came with delicious chunky chips and was washed down with a Peroni lager. Portions are on the large size so arrive hungry, especially if you are considering one of the delicious looking deserts on offer (we just couldn't fit one in but maybe next time ;-)

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Nick B, Owner at Cafe Bar Arighi at Arighi Bianchi, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Dear Gary

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review on tripadvisor.

We are delighted that you enjoyed the food; The home made pork and brie burger is a firm favourite for our customers, and what better than to wash it down with a chilled, premium lager like you say!

I am glad to read you also enjoyed Antonio's crostini...The more garlic the better i say!

I look forward to meeting you personally on your next visit to the store.

Norwich, United Kingdom
“Great lunch, super surroundings”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

Returned after a nine year absence since we moved from Wilmsow to France and now Norwich. Great to return and enjoy a very tasty lunch. We both chose wraps and chunky chips. Very generous portions so sadly no room for a cake!! So, top food, friendly service and a relaxed atmosphere. HIghly recommended. Great to eat before walking the store!

(Plenty of options on the menu but not a huge choice for vegetarians. Can the chef add some tasty veggie options please??)

Visited April 2013
It is so nice to welcome you back after a 9 year absence to the store and I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed the experience.

I will certainly pass on your comments to the chef - He does put on 6 or 7 "specials" daily, many of which are vegetarian, but your feedback is very much noted. Thank you.

I look forward to welcoming you back again; hopefully sooner this time round...!!

Best wishes

Macclesfield, United Kingdom
“amazing scones and clotted cream”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Wanted to try some place new for a cup of tea and chat with a friend. We stopped in at the Cafe Bar and were delighted with deep scone with the perfect combination of firm and soft textures. great clotted cream as well! (home made?)
We look forward to a return!

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Review collected in partnership with IKnowUK

Nick B, Owner at Cafe Bar Arighi at Arighi Bianchi, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Thank you very much for your post on tripadvisor. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our home made scones so much and I will pass on your kind feedback to our in-store bakery team in the cafe bar.

I look forward to meeting you personally on your next visit to the store.

Have a very Happy Easter,

London, United Kingdom
“Lovely store, great restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We had time to kill in Macclesfield and remembered Arighi Bianchi from many years ago. The store was really interesting to wander around, and the restaurant was superb. We had a teacake twice as big as those 'down south', and later a delicious Italian risotto and pasta. Excellent food, well priced, hot and nicely presented. The staff were charming, and we were particularly impressed by the management presence - it seemed a very well run, happy place to work.

Daughter and husband took delight in getting outside a massive piece of chocolate fudge cake. Good job we're not closer - we'd be in there every day!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Nick B, Owner at Cafe Bar Arighi at Arighi Bianchi, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear Mike and Linda

Many thanks for your post on tripadvisor and it was a real pleasure for my father (Paul) and I to meet you in the cafe bar.

Please do let me know when you are planning your next visit from Kent. I am so pleased to hear that you were delighted with the food and the service in our cafe bar and I will relay your kind feedback onto the team.