“brilliant facilities and great fun” 5 of 5 stars

+44 28 9127 0271
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Bangor Aurora Aquatic & Leisure Complex houses Northern Ireland's only 50m Olympic swimming pool. We have a range of indoor activities including swimming, health & fitness suite, soft play and a sports hall. We cater for all sports and have regular family activities. You can book your child into our various sports schemes - run throughout the year - but primarily at Easter, Summer and Half Terms. Plus you can book online for our new Aqua Challenge!
Plymouth
8 attraction reviews
“brilliant facilities and great fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

Brilliant pool options, water slides, wave pool and water jets. Excellent family changing facilities. Can not wait to return

Visited February 2014

“Disgraceful”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

Went to the pool with my 12 month old son sat afternoon for a swim to be told they were dropping the 3 pools to 2 mtrs deep. Therefore I wasnt allowed into it with my son's baby floating device according to the woman at the counter as it could sink! This is one of those Square seats to place your child into that had been tested and passed by EU regulations ? Then she told me I would have to go in without it to a 2 mtr deep pool with a baby or pay £14 for myself and my wife to take my son into the wave pool. Hard to believe this story but true so we told the woman we would just go to Newtownards pool. We did and it only cost £3.60 each and no complaints about our flotation device. I think this is a disgrace that I have to travel out of Bangor to Newtownards just to take a baby swimming and to think I had to pay extra rates for a pool I can not use.!

Belfast, United Kingdom
20 attraction reviews
“Great and very modern with the newest equipment”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

I have visited Bangor Aurora about 3 times and have been impressed with the equipment as it is all the newts and best equipment. The pool is amazing! There is also a water play area with a few water slides and a wave pool. all the kids in there seemed to be having a great time. There is plenty of room in the changing rooms and although there is a lot of people it's not noisy, it's still very relaxing. I would definitely recommend a visit!

Visited December 2013
ireland
17 attraction reviews
“wow , bangor has done something right”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

great centre , built to highest standards and a fantastic place to take the kids for the day, amazing structure and plenty to do from water slides to gym to international swiming pool , well done bangor 5 stars

Visited August 2013
11 attraction reviews
“Sporty ambiance acceptable coffee aroma”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

Went with frank when walled garden cafe shut. It was warm lpleasent surroundings.nice atmosphere attendent staff to my elderly companion.good viewing area..dispite lots of people not noisy..we had relaxing chat

Visited October 2013