“Nice place” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Newtownards, United Kingdom
“Nice place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

My manager picked donegans to go eat at in bangor , I was unsure of the place !! It is a pub after all not my sort of place !! But when u arrive its really old and decorated lovely , I ordered the Chinese chicken pitta with chips and it was the best food in bangor I've tasted !!! Large amount and good value !! I ate the lot !! Over all I defo would go back

• Visited May 2013

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Then restaurant upstairs has a good menu at decent prices, very friendly staff, the pub downstairs is also a good place for a drink

Visited May 2013
Belfast, Nothern Ireland
“Nice Surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

We visited Donegan's tody for our Sunday lunch. This pub had been recommended by a work colleague. The outside was a bit 'rustic' but we decided to give it a shot (as we were starving!).
From the moment we entered the upstairs restaurant, we were welcomed and seated immediately. We opted for the standard roast beef and Yorkshire pud lunch. It arrived beautifully presented and piping hot (and plenty of it too!). We thoroughly enjoyed the food and the service was excellent. We will definitely go back and will also recommend this pub to our friends. Thanks Donegan's for a lovely surprise!

• Visited April 2013
Newtownards, United Kingdom
“Nice pubgrub”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

Have eaten here lots. The roast beef is so tender, and the burgers are huge, well impressed. Had the burger this eeek, and couldnt fit it into my mouth!

• Visited April 2013
Northern Ireland
“Excellent staff & food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband and I along with our son (when hes home from uni) eat in Donegans quite regularly on a Sunday (upstairs in the restaurant) we have been going for years not just for the fantastic food but for the amazing customer service we receive everytime!
The food here is absolutely superb, especially the FAB-U-LOUS slow cooked roast beef - many thanks to Paul and his team for cooking to absolute perfection everytime!
The amazing Ivan and the girls upstairs take pride in their work and have such a warm welcome to all who enter - a fantastic team who are just naturally friendly and make you feel at home!
If this isnt enough to make you want to eat in this great wee establishment, maybe that its so reasonably priced with great portions will tempt you!!!
When my husband and I want to eat out somewhere relaxed, informal, friendly, such fantastic food and the same in customer service, we head straight here everytime - you would be hard pushed to find better than the restaurant upstairs in Donegans when wanting all of the above!
A BIG thankyou to this excellent, hard working team - we shall be back very soon!

• Visited March 2013