“Great Sociable Spot!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Bangor County Down
“Great Sociable Spot!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

My first time here and it won't be my last. We were warmly welcomed and promptly attended to. Lunch was great, myself and my lady friend both had delicious ham hock served with mash and gravy, while my male friend had a veggie burger which he said was excellant. We had gorgeous butternut squash soup and garlic mushrooms as starters. We brought our own favorite wine and were only charged a couple of quid corkage fee. It wasn't very busy so we were able to have a good old natter without having to shout.My friend had been here in the evening when it gets very busy and very noisey. Enjoyed the experience thoroughly!

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Bangor, United Kingdom
“Over rated Restaurant”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

I took my family here after seeing the good reviews on here. Bad mistake.
There prices are well over the top and the quality of cooking is terrible. How can people enjoy this place! You's obviously don't get out much. My daughter was served chicken that was not cooked. And other stuff over cooked. Total waste of hard earned cash.

“Ad hoc visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

Oh my goodness! This place belongs in Florida - in a good way!
V friendly greeting, shown to table by enthusiastic lady - I'm sorry I didnt retain her name! We were welcomed to the restaurant in that holiday way which is unusual in this country!
She was v knowledgable about menu and the days specials. This member of staff disappeared out the door at the end of her shift while we were there to a friendly cheerio from another waitress. From an open kitchen view I got the impression that this restaurant have a staff that get on very well indeed! There was a bit of banter from time to time, enough to make u chuckle but not to annoy ur experience.
No 'in your face hows the meal' annoyance.
Wish I lived locally, not the cheapest but not too expensive either.
Cant wait for an excuse to go back!
Good job Makhulu 5!

Belfast, United Kingdom
“Great first experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I had a great first visit here, the food is fresh, we were served by Paul assisted by Daniel, both boys were friendly and attentive.
Great atmosphere. Order the ribs!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bangor, United Kingdom
“Excellent as always”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Been here a few times now and can not fault anything. The choice of food is great and there is something to please all tastes. The ribs and wings deal is especially good value. I must take this opportunity to praise the staff as they can not do enough for you. Would recommend this place to anyone of any age, if there is a birthday be prepared to be pleasantly surprised!

• Visited October 2013