“Disappointed this time..” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Gringos is a fantastic new Bring Your Own (BYO) mexican restaurant experience offering all the delights of Mexico and more! We aren't going to give you the normal sales patter, we simply say "pruébelo usted mismo" or try it for yourself.At Gringos have taken traditional mexican cuisine to the next level by refining the flavours and textures to create something very special indeed. Every dish we create is made with the freshest of ingredients and the majority of goods would be sourced locally by our chefs to ensure you the quality.All Gringos restaurants offer coffees and snacks throughout the day with takeaway options available from our lunch menu including an array of packaged torta sandwiches and wraps made fresh in house everyday.
“Disappointed this time..”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

This was our 3rd visit to gringos. Each time we have gone as a group of girls and come away thinking it was cheap and cheerful with good atmosphere for a girls night out. Not the best Mexican food you will ever eat but a good night for a decent price. Last nights visit was very disappointing. Slow uninterested service and below average food. There was very little chicken in any of the burritos or enchiladas. They were predominantly sauce and onions of which was very bland. There were no chips available but they did have wedges. The fajitas were completely burnt and the waitress actually thought they were fajita combos as some of the chicken was so black it looked like beef. When we asked for more guacamole there was none of that left either. We didn't bother with desserts on this occasion as the rest of the meal didn't really entice us to try anything else. Overall a disappointing night and I can't imagine we would be back. This is a pity as it is a lovely little restaurant that had great potential.

bangor co down
“great mexican nosh”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

we booked this fairly new reastaurant online the morning of our visit. you bring your own wine/beer, so we did that. the food was fresh, nice and spicy and would definately return. the restaurant itself is fairly small and narrow, seats about 25 people, good for a party or just a small group and couple. nice ambience, staff pleasant and attentive, food served promptly.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food and atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I had a great time at Gringos, I was one of a party of 9 out for a Friday night. in some places this might mean slow service but I have to say we were served exceptionally fast considering the restaurant was packed.

It's obviously a popular spot as every table was full up. The atmosphere was fantastic, the music and decor really sets of the Mexican theme. We were even provided with sombrero. I'd definitely recommend Gringos as the start to a great night out, anyone who wants a bit of fun with their meal this is the right place.

The staff recommended we order from the party menu as there were 8 of us. This worked out great value-£15.95 for 2 courses, great value in town for a Friday night. I had the chicken burrito with garlic wedges and the churros for desert. The food was faultless- I have eaten Mexican in a number of restaurants, and Gringos is top notch. The portions were huge, a few girls at the table struggled to finish their meals. Everyone' s food looked great, although I highly recommend the Charles, they' 're addictive!

The staff were great, couldn't have been more attentive. The girl serving our table was highly patient while everyone tried to remember what they had pre- ordered. Another plus for us was the BOY cocktails- we brought our own spirits and the restaurant made up pitchers of margaritas and daiquiris for us.

I rate Gringos 5*, we had a fantastic time, great atmosphere, service and delicious meal.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bangor, United Kingdom
“Definitely won't be going back.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

I was pretty disappointed, to be honest. Whatever you do don't order the Gamberoni Picante; I was expecting a full meal but got what was more like a pile of lettuce, clearly taken from a bag, with some dressing and a few prawns thrown into it, all for £12. I literally said to my friends, "I guess I got the dud meal!" I did have a side included, and I went with Pinto Beans, but they had so little flavour and didn't seem to taste like they'd been seasoned at all. To top it off we waited over 45 minutes for our food, on a Saturday evening, a time of week when you would expect them to be a bit quicker. The atmosphere was good but I just don't feel like it was worth it, especially when a service charge was included in the bill.

• 1 of 5 stars Food
Co. Antrim
“Fajitas everyime”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Went to this restaurant on a Tuesday night and we were one of only 2 couples in. Lovely amibiance in the place and good friendly staff. 2 starters, the pulled pork quesadillas and the ribs, both very tasty but the ribs win on portion size, the quesadillas were just 3 triangles cut from 1 folded wrap but did come with a nice leaf salad. For mains we had fajita combo and steak chimichangas, again both dishes were served quickly and were very nice but the fajitas were the better dish, an excellent portion of sizzling mixed meats and prawns with 3 wraps and salsa guacamole and soured cream. We had ordered extra sides, and, although we struggled, had to finish as everything was so nice!!
I would definitely return and would happily recommend

• Visited November 2012