“Top Coffee Shop” 5 of 5 stars

Description: Cafe and Bistro
Donaghadee, United Kingdom
“Top Coffee Shop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

This delightful coffee shop a little off the beaten path in Bangor town centre is a real find. I've visited several times prior to write my review, so I could be as objective as possible.

Each visit I've found the staff attentive and very friendly (especially the ginger lass, she's quite cute! lol!). The noodles I had (honey, soy and ginger) were good, but my favourite has been the 'Studio Basic' - poached eggs and sausage. The staff were kind enough to exchange a sausage for a slice of bacon, it was delicious. I'd added a photo. :)

On my first visit I when with a few friends to plan a holiday over coffee, we were able chat and discuss our holiday despite the cafe very busy. The design of the cafe is also vibrant, and funky however they also have toys to occupy kids, catering for the yummy mummys of Bangor. :)

Great job - keep up the high standards.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

northern ireland
“Hidden Gem..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

This little coffee shop is tucked away at the top of high street, so cool and stand out from the crowd. Coffee is easy up there with the best in bangor and the food is brilliant, it was lunch so we had sandwiches and noodles, the noodles came in stylish noodle boxes and my partner and I had such a laugh using chopsticks. for a thursday the place was packed. This is great to see in bangor as Bangor town itself is like a ghost town Mon-Fri. My hubby and I will definitely return.

P.s you have to try a caramel square as a treat there are fabulous.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bangor, United Kingdom
“When service standards fall apart you have to take a look at your staff.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

I have been a customer of this place for a long time and regrettably will no longer be fitting into that category. Called with my wife and daughter for morning coffee. When we arrived there was a table occupied by two people a single occupied table both of whom had either been served or had already placed their orders.

There were 3 people ahead of us ordering a variety of breakfasts and were given the order tag and told to take a seat as is the normal practice. I ordered 2 Americanos a Cappuccino and 3 tray bakes. I was given the tray bakes and told to take a seat and the coffee would be brought down.

After about 5 mins I returned to the counter, waited on a new customer placing a carry out order and enquired about the coffee explaining that we were time constrained with parking. I was told it would be a few minutes as there were other orders in front of me, ie the people waiting on their breakfast..!! I returned to my table a little bemused at having to wait on a food order filling before our coffee could be served.

Around 10 minutes later the breakfasts were served to our adjoining table and I became optimistic that our coffee would be served, even though our tray bakes had now been eaten. This was not to be as after another 5 minutes or so the lady who had ordered her carry out after us passed us carrying her food and coffee.

At this stage I returned to the counter and asked for a refund and was told that everyone had to wait their turn. I pointed out to this guy that thing were not in fact happening that way to be told "that's just the way the dockets were". I then asked why the carry out order was served first and why could coffee orders not be placed ahead of food orders being prepared in the kitchen and was told "that's how it is".

I told the guy who I did not know that I was a fairly regular client and had never seen the place operate like this before to which he said "OK" I said that I was pretty sure the owner would not think it was ok and got a mumbled apology. I told him that I would not be coming back and turned to walk away when one of the two guys behind the counter said "Fantastic". Shocked, I turned around and asked who had said this and the service counter fell silent, and I left.

On reflection, there were two people working front of house and who knows how many in the kitchen. If on a quiet morning 2 young men cannot work the coffees and refreshments for a total 9 people at the same time as delivering orders to and from the kitchen, what's going to happen when it gets busy...??

I would also like to point out that the food and ambience in this place is very good, this review is completely about the service or lack of it. A business cannot function or survive with inefficient and extremely arrogant unfocused staff. These guys clearly have no real interest in the greater good of the business, merely picking up their salary at the end of a day with minimum effort or input to ensure a good or positive customer experience.

How very disappointing, and whilst this was enough for me, I genuinely wish the owner well. In a town that has seen massif growth in the coffee shop sector it is not appropriate to have to wait almost 20minutes for a coffee just because the food order ahead of you is being prepared in the kitchen.....!!

• Visited November 2013
Bangor, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
“You know where I am if you need me.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

I am never out of this coffe shop. They are doing evening events such as Christmas memu, work evening doo and baby showers, with a very teasty menu. Every Saturday night fully booked. So fridays will have to suit me.

“Top notch breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

Just back from breakfast at the studio and as always was not disappointed at all. Staff are always so friendly and helpful restaurant itself is always clean and fresh. My daughter is a fussy eater and she lives to eat here. Fully recommend the studio breakfast it will keep you going for a while.. Trust me and I'm a fat lad lol