“The only place to stay in Belfast” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hargreaves House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bangor
Hargreaves House
You added Hargreaves House to your Saves list
78 Seacliff Road, Bangor BT20 5EZ, Northern Ireland   |
Ranked #1 of 17 Bangor B&B and Inns
“The only place to stay in Belfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

The best host..... Pauline. She will do anything to make your stay as comfortable as possible. There is no other choice you want to make for accommodation in Belfast other than Hargreaves House. Beautiful setting right on the way. Sit in the sun and watch the world go by.

• Stayed July 2013
OwnerPauline, Owner at Hargreaves House, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Hi - Glad you enjoyed your short stay with us and everything worked out well for you.
Pauline

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

As usual my stay in Hargreaves House was absolutely fantastic and a big thank you to Pauline. I stay in Hargreaves House because the beds are so comfy, you get lovely towels and gowns and the breakfasts are fab. Pauline really puts herself out to make what you want and very happy to cater for special dietary needs. Likewise, with her wealth of local knowledge Pauline found and booked tables in various restaurants in the evening. Not an easy job in peak season when the sun is shining! Hargreaves is in the perfect position, near enough to Bangor to walk home after a lovely night on the town but far enough to wake up to a lovely sea view. Every morning I enjoyed getting up and going for a walk along the beach before breakfast. At Hargreaves you feel very safe and would definitely recommend for a female staying on her own. I was due to stay there on my own and in the end my sister joined me as my birthday present to her. She loved it. Finally, the value is exceptional and you feel like you should be paying more! Cant recommend it enough, best B&B in Bangor!

Room Tip: They're all great...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your kind words about your stay here - it was good to see you again. Maybe we will see your mum and dad again next time you are over?
Portrush, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

my son morgan and I stayed at Hargreaves on the 6th July Pauline couldn't have did enough for us ,the room was spotless , breakfast great. , we both slept well. Pauline was always helpful and pleasant , hope to go back again thanks Pauline xx

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Hi - I am glad you were comfortable here and thanks for choosing to stay with us. I hope you got the bike home safely and had a good train journey..
Boise
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

This will be an unusual review. We did not actually get to stay in one of Pauline's rooms. After a long day's drive, we arrived in Bangor at Hargreaves House. Pauline answered the door and informed me that she was fully booked. Now with most any other place, that would have been the end of our interaction, but Pauline got right on the phone and found us another place to stay, then she recommended several places we could eat. Her great care and concern didn't end there. She got in her car and led us through the one way street grid to the other B and B. She even came in with us while we checked in. If someone of that caliber is running Hargreaves House, I can only imagine her attention to detail with her guests. We will definitely book way in advance to stay there if we are lucky enough to travel to Northern Ireland again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi - It was good to meet with you even though we were fully booked and I am glad that I was able to suggest another place for you to stay. It was probably easier to take you to the other place as the one-way system is a bit confusing! I think you ate at the restaurant I suggested and I hope you enjoyed it. I hope to see you the next time if you manage to get over again.
Hebden Bridge, West Yorks. UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I stayed at Hargreaves House for four days in the first week of June on business. Pauline was the perfect host and my room was fantastic, very tasteful decor and with a private bathroom. Pauline could not have been more attentive, full of suggestions for places to eat out and she even arranged a discounted fare for me with a local taxi firm. I was also invited to spend a lovely three hours sat in the front garden with herself and her partner Ambrose chatting, drinking wine and watching a fantastic sunset. Nothing was too much trouble for Pauline, and as others have commented, this was also the best B&B I have ever stayed in. i would recommend it to one and all and I sincerely hope I get the opportunity for a repeat visit !

Room Tip: It's worth paying a little extra for the room at the top of the first flight of stairs with its...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Hi - I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again when you are next sent over on business. Yes, we have had some lovely sunsets - long may they continue.
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Its really hard to explain how beautiful and comfortable it was!
Comfortable bed, lovely host and very delicious breakfast!!
It is located just beside the coast and there are plenty of free parking spaces in front of it, which was my only concern when i went there!
100% Positive!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
OwnerPauline, Owner at Hargreaves House, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Hi - Thank you for your lovely comments and I am glad you enjoyed your visit with us.
Ballarat, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

We have stayed in quite a few B&B's but without a doubt Pauline works the hardest of any host we have come across to ensure a superb stay. My initial inquiry was met with a 2 page personal email full of helpful suggestions and this "going the extra mile" was also obvious when staying at Hargreaves House with extras like fresh flowers, chocolates, robes, and so on. Being an older style house and having regard to fire regulations, etc, our bedroom did not have any views and the bathroom although being en suite was quite small, but the bed cosy and comfortable. However, the breakfast room is lovely and sunny with a sea view bay window and a simply first class breakfast to go with it. Promotional placement of local products may not be to everyone's liking but the products and establishments recommended square with Pauline's desire to give guests the best options. We were certainly given an excellent run down of possible dining options including likely cost and the pizzas we enjoyed at "Little Wings" were probably the best we have ever experienced. We have stayed at flashier premises, but Hargreaves House is clean and comfortable with hosts who simply could not do more to make our stay a pleasant one.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi - I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and also the view over the water whilst having your breakfast. We do try to make your stay as comfortable as possible whilst you are with us. It was also good to see that you enjoyed your food at Little Wing in the Main Street. We hope to see you if you are ever in N. Ireland again.
Pauline

Been to Hargreaves House? Share your experiences!