“A Dream come True” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hargreaves House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bangor
Hargreaves House
You added Hargreaves House to your Saves list
78 Seacliff Road, Bangor BT20 5EZ, Northern Ireland   |
Ranked #1 of 20 Bangor B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Wrexham, Wales, United Kingdom
“A Dream come True”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

I had waited a long time to return to Seacliffe Road after spending every summer there when I was a child. My husband and I went to stay with Pauline for a week , the accommodation was wonderful and the food fabulous. We were friends with both Pauline and Ambrose immediately.
It the best place to stay and we will be returning as soon as we can and Pauline made it a dream come true.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

My 12 year son and I have stayed with Pauline on a number of occasions and I can say without a shadow of doubt that Hargreaves House is one of those hidden gems we all long for when seeking a B&B. From the moment of arrival to departure, Pauline goes out of her way to ensure that your stay in her home is a pleasant experience and as others have already highlighted, Pauline is an excellent source of information on the best Bangor has to offer.

Rooms are well furnished (including a flat screen TV and wireless connection), very comfortable and immaculate throughout. For me personally the breakfast room sums up all that is good about Hargreaves house. Warmed by roaring fire, to sit and enjoy a full ulster fry (using local produce and cooked to perfection) whilst gazing across an icy Belfast lough on a crisp winters morning is an experience to be savoured.

Go visit, you will not be disappointed

Brian and Lewis
Glasgow

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Englewood, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2011

We first stayed at Hargreaves House after arriving in Dublin. After the lovely train ride from Belfast we hiked to Hargreaves House with our backpacks and arrived a bit early but Pauline was more than accommodating. Our room was ready and she made some coffee. Pauline obviously knows the area so she recommended some great places to eat. At night she made a fire with peat and in the morning, we ate in the cozy dining room with a view of Bangor Bay. The eggs, fruit, porridge and the Guinness bread were delectable. It can't get much better than that on holiday. My husband and I are definitely planning on returning again. Originally we were staying at a place in Crawfordsburn but they never called me back, so I called Pauline and had a long conversation over the phone and instantly I knew this is where we were staying. Thank you for everything Pauline!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

My wife and I spent the night at Hargreaves House while we visited her Aunt who lives nearby. Pauline was wonderful- going above and beyond the call of duty preparing a picnic Ulster fry for us and our Aunt. Great room and even better service. Thank you again Pauline!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

This place was wonderful! The rooms were clean and pleasant, the food was wonderful, and you couldn't ask for a better view! All in all I feel like we found a treasure!

• Stayed May 2011
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2011

stayed at this lovely house for two nights, felt instantly at home here, very comfy lovely breakfast especially the toasted guinness bread, and loads of coffee for those who need their cafeine fix like me in the morning, and pauline came and gave patrick a wave goodbye as he left in his canoe.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011

thank you pauline for a lovely two days in your beautifull house, i felt instantly at home here, go and sample the toasted guinness bread yum yum, and if you need your caffiene fix like me in the morning a never ending pot of coffee, i would definately love to visit this town and paulines quiet and peacefull home again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo

Been to Hargreaves House? Share your experiences!