“First time in this restaurant” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: Quality Indian food in pleasant surroundings
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“First time in this restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Went to celebrate our son's birthday, food was good, service lacking, waiters seemed to have a knack of looking around without making eye contact, thought it was expensive almost £120for a main meal and a drink, no starter or dessert

• Visited April 2013

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Very good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Just back from a 2nd visit to The Nazma and again very happy. The waiters have little or no character but they do their job adequately. It was very buy and there were quite a few people in and out to pick up carry outs. I didn't read the reviews before my first visit and have only read them now on the return from my second visit. I would sy that we found the prices reasonable but I suppose it would depend on where you were comparing against. We usually eat at Jewel In The Crown in Aberdeen so found the Nazmas' prices quite reasonable. I don't mind paying for something of a decent standard and I would say that's what we have had both times. Excellent food and very enjoyable.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Far far too expensive for what it is”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

Generally the food is good, but its not worth the extortionate prices. Last time I was here they also didn't have the oven working so no naan bread and no tikka either??? LoL

Service also medioca at best and you can never get a proper VAT receipt either.

Not the best considering the prices

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Not quite what it used to be”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

There are a few characters among the staff here who are quite endearing and the food has been consistently good (particularly the Peshwari Naan) and affordable … until recently. Prices have shot up, and not always entirely transparently either. Hence my South Indian Garlic Chili Prawn dish rocketed from just over £9 to nearly £20 when the waiter asked if I’d prefer King Prawns. I expected to pay more, but not THAT much more. And to add insult to injury they were tough and tasteless. The manager knocked £6 off the bill but it left a bad taste nevertheless. We’ll probably go back but I’ll stick to chicken and pay more attention to prices next time.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Rip off”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

Food was very good and the service was also very good although it wasn't busy. However a complete shock on receiving the bill. There were five of us, two of us had three courses, three of us had two courses. The bill was £186!! Drinks were one bottle of wine, two glasses of wine, 4 cokes. The three of us who didn't have desserts had 1 coffee and two brandys. Completely overpriced and not worth the money!!