“WHAT A DUMP!” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“WHAT A DUMP!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Didn't bother eating here - the downstairs was enough to put you off - the tattiest pub I have ever been in! And this was at the begining of the season! Most placed have a spruce up don't they ready for the new season - not here they don't. Needs a woman's touch. Filthy dirty curtains and windows. The furniture looks dirty & everywhere could do with a lick of paint - location isn't everything you know landlord. Won't be going back.

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere

West Midlands
“Rule Brittania!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Love this Inn. My partner chose this from the 3 inns in Aberdyfi.
We liked it so much we ate there twice which was for all of our short stay. It was not at first obvious but the dining room with its open air terrace is upstairs and children are not allowed in that area except around the corner away from the bar and in the snug downstairs where there is also a bar. We were advised to book as they are very busy. As are all the Aberdyfi eateries. The staff are young and very professional, the handpumped beer is superb, I had Brit Ale. The chef/chefs are excellent, top notch and it is not at all overpriced. On our first visit I had the steak and Guinness pie which is the best I have ever tasted, honestly with a piece of fairylight rough puff pastry as a topping, and no bottom. My partner had the lamb shank which was full of meat unlike some, the vegetables included new potatoes carotts and celeriac purée and the spicy lamb saucealready served on a bed of mashed pottoes reminded my partner of herbs and spices used in a Moroccan couscous. We shared a pudding which was walnut honey and apple tart with virtually no pastry just the ingredients bound together, served with ice cream or cream. On our 2nd visit my partner had the steak pie this time and I had a grilled fillet of sea bass, the veg had mangetouts this time and my partner plumped for the chocolate torte which melted in your mouth, I know because I scrounged a bit whilst I went for the raspberry cranachan, a Scottish dessert made from cream blended with fromage frais freckled with crushed oats and raspberries some like a compote and some whole fruits laced with whisky. Mmmmm! We recognised 2 couples from our B&B one pair who were there for a week and dined at the Brittania every night. Says it all really!

Rye, United Kingdom
“After busy days.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

This was ideal for a quiet meal with outstanding staff who could not have been more helpful. The choice of food was excellent and extremely tasty,with additional items each night,and prices were reasonable

Derby
“Best place for a drink”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Busy in the evenings. Also serve food but didn't eat there as had booked elsewhere. Enjoyed drinks on the balcony overlooking the sea.

Ludlow, United Kingdom
“good pub grub and a lovely view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

The Britannia is a welcoming pub with a good atmosphere and friendly staff. Food is unfussy with decent steaks, chicken and fish options. The restaurant upstairs has a balcony where you can enjoy a drink and a lovely view of the bay. If you want a balcony seat nets to get down there around 7.30 before the Yachting fraternity descend. The Britannia is good value as well as a pleasant holiday evening out.