“Excellent ambiance and food.. Far from last review...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pharoah's Cellar Bar

Pharoah's Cellar Bar
17 Glandovey Terrace, Aberdyfi (Aberdovey), Snowdonia National Park LL35 0EB, Wales
01654 767250
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Bistro, Welsh
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
“Excellent ambiance and food.. Far from last review...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

I ate at pharaohs cellar bistros on the Friday that the last person commented on... On reading the menu outside and seeing that it was a bistro I went down to book.. The lady explained it was busy but managed to slot me and my partner in.. Also when I entered I saw the chef righting the specials on the board.. Fresh catch of the day and extra steaks and meat dishes..

On arriving later we could see they were busy but our table was nicely set up and we ordered some nice red wine the cabinet sauvignon and some olives to munch whilst deciding what to eat..

We shared a Peking duck and that was gorgeous.. It's a DIY dish but you have the duck in the middle of the table on a hot pad and fill your pancakes with the cucumber strips, spring onions and sweet plum sauce.. Great dish to begin with..

Followed by that we both ordered I had the fish (I know you cant have red wine and fish but im on holiday) on the board and wow.. It was cooked to perfection!! Not by an amateur but by a gifted and very talented chef.. I had a Side salad and my partner the roasted veg (which she fully enjoyed) and we shared the roesti potatoes.. The size of portions were fine ( I have a healthy appetite) I loved the potatoes so much I asked the friendly waitress how they were cooked and she explained they are shallow fried in butter and tossed like a pancake thus the slightly crisper edges.. Not burnt I would like to add..

We were to stuffed for dessert so had a coffee and finished our wine..

I did however see a massive ice cream come out in a massive glass bowl and looked great..

The bistros is not the biggest but I wouldn't say that it was particularly loud.. I feel for the owners as they can't predict how loud customers are going to be and how snooty some couples are and seem to only want a restaurant to them selves!!!

I have regularly eaten in London and can tell you these are not London prices...

I also ate at seabreeze and can and will highly recommend both restaurants..

I can't for the life of me understand the horrid last comments made about this joy of a eatery..

Maldives
“Relaxed atmosphere & fabulous food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Pete and myself made a booking after being recommended by his cousin Pete and Diane Lewis (Mr & Mrs Mildew).
We arrived quite early (6.30pm) but by the time we were ending our meal the bistro was in full swing and the telephone had been pretty busy with bookings and enquiries.
I had the pate, followed by the monkfish with fennel and saffron sauce while Pete had the piri piri pasta with Welsh Steak & Ale pie for main course. These were accompanied by vegetables, new potatoes, mash or rossti as extras....well worth it !!!!
Dessert for both of us was Welsh Cheeses and biscuits. We indulged with a bottle of house red and some port to finish the meal off nicely.
The staff were excellent, atmosphere was so relaxed and you were not rushed. The menu was well presented and advised whether the food was for vegetarian without having to enquire.
Give it a go..... We will definitely go there again when we are in Aberdovey for the golf championships at the golf club in June 2014.

Ross-on-Wye, United Kingdom
“great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

On recommendations we booked for dinner. Service, food and ambience were absolutely faultless.
We will definitely return without hesitation, Marj was an excellent host and Trevor's culinary skills second to none.

WIRRAL
“Great Food and Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Visited with a large group and was very impressed with the service and quality of food. I had ordered the seafood paella (24 hours notice required) and can only say it was delicious. I don't eat meat and so can't usually have paella but I had confirmed this was meat free and we were both really glad we'd ordered it. It was also the envy of a number of others in the group. I cannot recommend this restaurant too highly.

• Visited May 2013
Walsall
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I am Gluten Free and pleased to see the menu showed what I could have without having to ask. It was a very relaxed atmosphere and I had the best duck ever! My husband had fish but I'm sure whatever we had would have been good. The bill for the quality of food very was pleasing.

Visited June 2013