We decided to try this hotel for a one night stay rather than our usual Premier Inn at Hartlepol Marina. Its location, overlooking Hartlepool Bay and Teesmouth, is outstanding but I'm not sure that the fairly recent internal renovation has been a complete success.
The bedroom, which had all the usual facilities (although we had problems with the TV) only just fitted two single beds and the duvets were the smallest possible. On the other hand the food served in the 'fine dining' restaurant was good and plentiful - although the lighting there is poor and it was difficult to see it. We didn't have the 'full English' breakfast but others in our party did and it looked good. The service was attentive and cheerful.
Next time back to the Premier Inn I think.
- Also Known As:
- Staincliffe Hotel Hartlepool
- Staincliffe Hotel Hartlepool, England
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the seafront with breathtaking views across the North East coastline the Staincliffe Hotel has 20 luxury boutique bedrooms. This Victorian hotel also boasts a fine dining restaurant, cocktail and champagne bar, public bar, Grill Room steak restaurant, Function Suite, the Grand Ballroom and private walled gardens. After undergoing a massive refurbishment programme during winter 2009/2010 the Staincliffe Hotel is without doubt one of the northeast's premier venues! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Tingo, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Venere so you can book your Staincliffe Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.