“Pancakes & cherries” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Pancakes & cherries”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

Popped in on the off chance, the place was packed, no always busy though. Food prices are quite good and kids eat free with adult purchase s. we had a good visit today and was in general very good, The only thing I feel a little uncomfortable with is the card payment, they ask you to follow instructions on screen, and the system asks you if you like to leave a tip, NOT a fan of this system, I always leave a tip to staff, but this tip goes to the company, and I don't like that. But I do like the food, as it's always cooked fresh, puddings are a little over priced, given the amount you get, would go back, but using cash, I hate being begged by a machine. Just me, but never mind,

Visited May 2013

Newcastle
“"OK" food, captive audience prices”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Stopped off for a mid-week breakfast simply for convenience. There were a number of vehicles in the car park however the place was relatively empty. Despite this the food took a long time to arrive and was very average.

The concept of unlimited coffee was flawed as the cups were tiny, we were made to wait until our food was served for our first cup (part of the business model perhaps) and staff were not on hand to request a refill. When I did get a refill it was freezing cold as poured from an old coffee pot and I then had to wait whilst some milk was sourced as not automatically supplied with my replacement coffee.

We both ordered the big breakfasts which were decidedly average sized with cheap-tasting sausage and beans and the egg and toast orders were incorrect. Poor value for money at nearly £8 each before drinks.

The neighbouring diners left much of their meals which looked burnt.

I didn't take my coat of throughout our stay as it was freezing and was glad to get back into the car to put the heater on!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Darlington, United Kingdom
“A taste of a real american diner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

The Ok Diner is on the southbound carriage way so we've always seen it when we've been heading north but when we're heading south we're only 15mins from home so never felt the need to go!

It's quite a small place but done out exactly like you see in films with the booths, lamps and coat hooks.

There is a wide variety of food and drink on the menu. I'd definitly recommend getting the Coke Float!

It can get very busy and there was a queue when we left.

Free wifi for customers

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

We arrived for a friends birthday meal, the place looked liked it needed a good clean, service with a smile would have been nice!
Very disappointed with the food, a hair was found in a burger, so that turned us all off the food (we left and went elsewehere). We won't be visiting again. Just felt for our friend as it was her birthday and we were all looking forward to it.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Fantastic place to go”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

My husband, myself and our 2 young children have been here several times and we think its fantastic. The price you pay for the amount of food is fantastic value. The staff are lovely and extremely friendly with our sons. Overall i can't recommend this place more highly its one of our favourite places to go for a nice family meal

• Visited January 2013