“Senior Bikers Best” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bed & Breakfast at Shaw Lodge

Bed & Breakfast at Shaw Lodge
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sevenoaks
Bed & Breakfast at Shaw Lodge
Church Road, Sevenoaks TN14 6AU, England   |
Ranked #1 of 10 Sevenoaks B&B and Inns
Halern am See
“Senior Bikers Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

My first trip on 2 BMW wheels to the UK started at Shaw's Lodge. The lousy arrival from Western Germany with rain in The Netherlands, Belgium and France and a stormy ferry ride has been equalised with Fiona's warm welcome in June 2013 . I felt coming home as the garage door opened automatically for me and my wet bike when entering the yard. Perfect service, a charming landlady and an excellent breakfast in a private atmosphere. My room was nice, clean and I slept excellent. I can recommend this lovely place to every biker coming from the continent and enjoy Fiona's hospitality. I will come back.........

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

97 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I had to find a place to stay while visiting an old friend in a senior center nearby. I did not have a car, and Fiona's offering to drive me to the center and pick me up again for several visits was extremely helpful!!!! The lodge is charming, cozy and comfortable, extremely comfortable beds! I enjoyed taking pictures of red currants, and a variety of other plants and flowers in the garden. The house is full of interesting items and photographs.
And what can I say about the food???!!!! Fabulous breakfast, and one evening when another guest was a vegetarian, fiona made the best vegetarian meal I have ever had! Breakfasts are included, and are really great, wonderful bread, jams, etc. I was luckyenough, as i said, to sample more of Fiona's cooking, as she may sometimes make another meal, when she has time.
Fiona is a wonderful inn keeper, very professional in her attention to every detail to make your stay the best possible, but also very friendly and welcoming, and I might add, very funny!
I live some of the time in California and some in Norway, and travel a lot, and this is so far my favorite place to stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I was home at Shaw Lodge. Fiona could not have been a better host and "House Mother". My reservation was last minute and unexpected after already spending the previous two weeks traveling. Shaw Lodge was the perfect place for a comfortable, quiet & relaxing business week.

The house is beautiful, spacious, full of plants and flowers. Facilities such as a refrigerator, microwave and utensils are available for guests. You must BE SHAW to enjoy the English Breakfast and additional meals that are available. Don't miss out on her cooking!!! Impressive....

Fiona is attentive, personable, welcoming and just plain nice. What hostess would tape Wimbledon during the day and wait to watch matches together in the evenings. No other than "MY" Fiona!! Boy, did we make some noise!!!! Murray, Murray!!!

My experience with Fiona at Shaw Lodge is what I enjoy most about traveling. Meeting GOOD people!! I could not have asked for a better British hostess. Her home became my home during my stay.

This American would stay again in a heart beat knowing that I should "BE SHAW TO LODGE" as you should as well.

Room Tip: All rooms have a unique style about them. All would be just as comfortable the single or either of t...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

Really lovely B&B managed by a lovely lady. Stayed for one night as in the area for a wedding. Our room was lovely spacious and clean. The breakfast was great and Fiona was a really nice lady. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed August 2013
Derby, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

This is an excellent place to stay, Fiona is a very attentive host, who cooks a fantastic full English breakfast that sets you up for the day. The rooms are spacious and clean. The shower room is not en-suite, but as the Lodge only has 3 rooms I did not find it inconvenient. I will definitely stay here again when working in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Herford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

After my first stay at Shaw Lodge last year, I returned for a week this summer. There is nothing much to add to my last review - just as excellent as before :-) This time I brought my family. The three of us, we all had a great time and very much enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere and everything else in the house. Fiona, you really made us feel at home and very welcome indeed. We would not want to stay anywhere else in the greater London area. Thanks so much again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
sheffield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

i stay at b&b all around england due to the nature of my job and shaw lodge is one of the best ,i arrived to a warm and friendly welcome.breakfast was second to none,rooms are spacious and clean a stay here is a must. i would like to thank fiona for the trouble she went to to make my stay comfortable and am looking forward to my next stay

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Been to Bed & Breakfast at Shaw Lodge? Share your experiences!